The weekend started out innocently enough. We, including 5 of our boys and a rather lazy English bulldog named Ellie, headed up to our little cottage on a little lake in the middle of Nowhere, Wisconsin to enjoy a little family time. As the drive progressed, I knew that I didn’t feel just right. What I would find out, very soon, was that I had a kidney stone and it wanted out. Luckily, this “passed” very quickly. Unfortunately, it left me feeling a little down and in discomfort. As I lay on the sofa, I realized that I wanted to do something to turn my mood around. I started thinking about my family and how lucky I really am. So, I thought that I would make a special meal for them. Getting in the kitchen always puts me in good spirits.
Never Miss Another Platter Talk Recipe
- 1 cake mix (prepared as specified on box)
- 1 3.9 oz instant pudding of choice (I used chocolate)
- 1 cup cold milk
- ¼ cup powder sugar
- 1 8 oz container of Cool Whip or Whipped topping
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on box and allow to cool completely.
- Whisk together instant pudding, milk and powder sugar in a large mixing bowl for approximately 2 minutes.
- Stir in the Cool Whip to the pudding mixture.
- If the mixture seems to be a little runny, place in the refrigerator for a few minutes to firm up.
- Spread on cake or cupcakes.