Lemon Soda Pound Cake Recipe – If you’re looking for an easy, inexpensive, and crowd-pleasing treat that will give cause for folks to believe you to be one of the best bakers in town, this Lemon Soda Pound Cake Recipe is it.
Lemon Soda Pound Cake Recipe
We do a lot of cooking, baking, and eating in our household. In the first three years of Platter Talk, we’ve put together almost 450 recipes to share with you.
When I realized I had everything on hand to prepare this Lemon Soda Pound Cake Recipe, it automatically became appealing to me.
What you need for this Lemon Soda Pound Cake Recipe:
- Lemon (and optional lime)
- Vanilla extract
- White soda (7-Up, Sprite, Sierra Mist, etc)
- Powdered sugar
- Bunt Pan
- Chocolate for garnish (optional)
At a Glance: (full recipe and instructions at end of post)
Cream sugar and butter
Add eggs, one at a time. Try to use locally farmed eggs. At a minimum, use eggs from vegetable-fed chickens that are free-range (not in tiny cages.)
Add 3/4 cup (85 g) of white, clear soda.
Evenly distribute in a greased and floured bunt pan.
How do you grease and flour a cake pan? We’ve got just the guy to show you how!
After preparing, baking, and having a few morsels of this Lemon Soda Pound Cake Recipe, I knew we had another winner on our hands.
I took this dessert into work with me, this was one of the accolades left by a colleague on my facebook page:
…I must say this is by far the best baked good I have ever eaten. I could’ve eaten the whole thing. I still want more….thank you so very much. You truly have a culinary talent.
Perhaps a bit overstated, but you get the idea.
The beauty of this Lemon Soda Pound Cake Recipe is that anybody can make it, virtually no skill required!
I had a lot of fun putting this beauty together. I didn’t actually weight it, but the name of this recipe is pretty accurate. It’s dense, heavy, and delicious. I dressed it up a bit at the end, by shaving some delicious Godiva chocolate and giving the cake a good sprinkling.
Chocolate and lemon go quite well together, just like peas and carrots. But that’s another recipe. Enjoy this Lemon Soda Pound Cake Recipe, I hope you give it a try. As Scott has taken to saying, “Happy recipes!” -Dan
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup 7UP soda
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 7UP soda
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon or lime peel, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted or plain tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add flour alternately with 7UP, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and enough 7UP to reach desired consistency.
- If desired, stir in lemon peel.
- Drizzle over cake.