This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameForBasketball #CollectiveBias This post is not medical advice.
Calzones Anyone Can Make – We are in the height of basketball season and in our household that means lots of game day food. One of the many conveniences of our local Walmart is that we can shop for many of our ingredients, at great prices. As an added benefit, Walmart stores also carry Pfizer products like Nexium 24HR to help deal with heartburn that may come with eating lively and flavorful game day foods like these Calzones Anyone Can Make.
Calzones Anyone Can Make
College basketball playoffs in March signify a period of some serious eating around our house. It just wouldn’t seem right if we weren’t all cheering on our respective teams and brackets while munching on some great party favors. One of our standards are these Calzones Anyone Can Make. They are a favorite of our college basketball fans, no matter which team they want to win.
How We Made These Calzone Anyone Can Make
(full recipe at end of post)
Brown a pound of sweet Italian sausage.
Add some onion, garlic, mushrooms, and a jar of your favorite marinara.
Using a fresh store-bought pizza dough, divide it in four and roll out to an 8″ disk.
Spoon about a 1.5 cups of sausage mixture onto one one half of each disk.
Fold over, pinch edges tightly, then bake for about 20 minutes at 400° F until golden brown.
Many of the foods we enjoy during college basketball season are loaded with spice, acidity, and heat, not unlike some of the teams we’ve witnessed in these cliffhanger playoffs. I’m not sure whether it’s the food or the nail-biting games, but heartburn can often be an issue it seems.
We like to stay prepared for this by keeping Nexium 24HR close at hand. In fact for that very reason, we keep a supply of it in our pantry to help make sure it’s handy when we need it. The small bottles make it convenient to take with us on the go as well, helping to ensure that we’re ready to eat almost anything without worrying too much about heartburn.
I cook a lot, and I eat a lot. Heartburn is no stranger to me and Nexium 24HR is one of my best friends for all of these reasons. It’s especially handy during this season of March college basketball playoff games! Give these a Calzones Anyone Can Make a try. You may want to consider having a supply of Nexium 24HR nearby as well. Follow this link for a valuable coupon offer. Here’s to Hoping your bracket did well this season!
Nexium 24HR, the new #1 selling frequent heartburn brand* (*Based on IRI sales data 52 weeks ending 11/1/15 among OTC brands. May take 1 to 4 days for full effect. Use as directed.) This post is not medical advise.
- 1 store bought fresh pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more to brush dough
- 1 white onion, coarse dice
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 8 oz. baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 25 oz jar marinara sause
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Saute onions in olive oil, over medium heat until soft and translucent.
- Add sausage and brown.
- Add garlic and mushrooms, continue to cook until cooked thoroughly.
- Add wine to deglaze pan.
- Stir in marinara and remove pan from heat.
- Divide pizza dough into four equal pieces.
- Roll each piece out on lightly floured surface, to the size of an 8" disk.
- Place about 1.5 cups of sausage mixture on the end of each piece of rolled out dough.
- Fold dough over mixture, pinch the edges tightly to seal.
- Place on baking sheet or stone, brush with additional olive oil
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with additional marinara sauce.