For a creamier hummus, remove the skins from the chickpeas (garbanzao beans) prior to making it.
- Rinse the chickpeas in a colander under cold water.
- Per 1 can or 15 oz chickpeas add 1.5 tablespoons baking soda and place in skillet over medium-low heat.
- Stir for four minutes.
- Rinse chickpeas under cold water.
- Place in large bowl filled with cold water and skins will start to fall off.
- Use slotted spoon for skimming.
Tip: Roast some pine nuts in the oven at 350 degrees F. for about 10 minutes or until they turn a light golden brown. Fold these into the hummus after it comes out of the food processor. Be prepared to be delighted..