This recipe for Instant Pot Ribs first appeared on our sister site, Instant Pot Family Recipes. Simple, delicious, and economical, this is a meal you need to try this week.
Instant Pot Ribs
featuring the flavors of orange and whiskey
You may have noticed that since the first of this year, we’ve been making quite a few things in our new kitchen gadget. This recipe for Instant Pot Ribs is truly a game-changer. Who would ever think that you can make fall-off-the-bone ribs in less than an hour. Folks, I’m here to tell you that it can be done.
Here’s the skinny on this Instant Pot Ribs Recipe:
- You can serve these babies up in less than an hour, start to finish.
- Remove the membrane from the bony side of the ribs, for style points, here’s how.
- Pressure cook them for a minimum of 25 minutes, I think 30 is preferable.
- Always allow for natural release (NR) of pressure at the end, this takes 12-15 minutes.
- Finish the Instant Pot Ribs off in a hot oven for about 6 to 8 minutes.
As a slight variation to these orange and whiskey flavored Instant Pot Ribs, Scott tried something a little different and once again he nailed it. He made Instant Pot Ribs as shown below but he made the following changes:
- He did not remove the membrane.
- He seasoned the ribs with salt and pepper.
- He cut the rack in about three segments and layered them flat in the pot.
- He cooked them, using 1 cup of sprite and 1/2 cup barbecue sauce.
I’m not gonna lie. I think Scott is a better cook than I am. I could not stop thinking about his version of Instant Pot Ribs, for days and days. With either of these recipes for Instant Pot Ribs, you can’t go wrong. Get out your pressure cooker and give these a try, they’re bound to change your life! -Dan
For the Perfect Dessert or Treat, Try our
Orange-Whisey Instant Pot Ribs
For the Instant Pot Ribs
- 3 lbs baby back pork ribs
- 1/2 cup whiskey or bourbon
- 1/2 cup water
For the Orange-Whiskey Barbecue Suace
- 1/2 cup reserved liquid leftover from cooking the ribs
- 2 cups of your favorie barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 pinch curshed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp flour for thickening, if necessary
- Place the water and whiskey in bottom of Instant Pot and remove the membrane from ribs, if desired. Place the ribs in the pot by curling them around or cut into three segments and place in bottom of pot. Cook on high manual setting for a 25-30 minutes, allow for natural release of pressure at the end. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place the ribs on a foil-lined baking sheet, using a pair of tongues and reserve 1/2 cup of liquid in bottom of the pot. Discard the remaining liquid.
- Turn the Instant Pot on suaté (high) and combine all ingredients for the sauce. Stir to reduce and add a little flour if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- Slather the ribs in sauce and place in the hot oven for 10 minutes. Then, serve immediately or cover with foil and reduce oven to warm until ready to serve.