Italian Easter Pie
What is Pizza Rustica?
• Part Deep Dish Pizza/Part Quiche
• Filled with Italian meat, cheese, and eggs
• Served cold or at room temp.
• Also known as Italian Easter Pie
• Traditionally made on Good Friday and served on Easter Sunday
Mix the filling ingredients in a large bowl.
Roll out dough for the bottom and for the top.
Add the filling and smooth out the top.
Top with dough, crimp edges, and apply egg wash.
Bake at 350° for 90 minutes.
PRO COOKING TIPS
• Apply a second egg wash half-way through baking.
• For a smaller Pizza Rustica, cut the ingredients in half and bake in a 9 x 9-inch pan.
• Substitute the filling ingredients for whatever you want, such as roast chicken, veggies, etc.