Cherry Chocolate Kiss Cookies
Cherry cookies with a chocolate kiss crown. Follow this link to the original recipe from Taste of Home.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 6 drops red food coloring optional
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup coarsely chopped maraschino cherries
- About 30milk chocolate kisses unwrapped
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, powdered sugar and salt. Mix in cherry juice, extract and optional food coloring. Gradually stir in flour and baking soda. Fold in cherries.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on to greased baking sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cook. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 4mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3.8% | Calcium: 1.1% | Iron: 0.8%