I'm not the handiest of guys, so when I first
Homemade Chicken Enchiladas and guacamole get along quite nicely with one another, particularly with a dollop of sour cream. (For a low-fat alternative, consider Greek yogurt in lieu of the sour cream)
Homemade Chicken Enchiladas
- 1.5-2 lbs. chicken boneless (white or dark meat)
- 6 large 10" or 8 medium (8") flour tortillas
- 8 oz. frozen corn
- 2 10 oz cans enchilada sauce red or green
- 1 16 oz. can black beans drained
- 2 cups shredded cheese Mexican variety if avail
- 6 to 8 oz. salsa verde
- 4 oz. chopped chile peppers
- ½ white onion finely diced
- ½ to 1 cup fresh cilantro stemmed, washed, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute chicken in medium sized skillet over medium-low heat 15 to 20 minutes until cooked thoroughly. Allow to cool and then dice finely or shred.
- In medium size mixing bowl combine corn, 1 can enchilada sauce, beans, 1 cup of cheese, salsa verde, chile peppers, onion and cilantro. Mix well with wooden spoon. Add chicken and mix well.
- Prep 9 x 13 inch baking dish with olive oil. From remaining can of enchilada sauce, evenly distribute approximately half onto bottom of pan.
- On a flat surface evenly spoon out mixture on center of tortillas extending to 1 inch from each edge. Roll and place in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over rolled tortillas and then evenly sprinkle remaining cup of cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.