“For most of us who are making our own authentic guacamole, it all starts here in the produce section of your supermarket.”
- 3 ripened hass avocados
- 1 large lime (or 2 small limes)
- 2 tomatoes , cubed in ½ inch pieces
- ½ small red onion coarsely diced
- 1 chile pepper seeded and finely diced
- ½ bunch cilantro , washed, stemmed, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Optional: 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Peel and pit avocados and place in medium size mixing bowl or large mortar.
- Add the juice from the lime(s).
- Combine onion, pepper, cilantro, salt, and optional garlic.
- Mix together with table fork, table knife, or pestle if using mortar.
- Add additional salt or lime juices if desired.
- When desired flavor is achieve, gently stir in tomatoes, and serve.
We’ve got some more recipes and ideas to help warm things up around your kitchen table. If you haven’t taken a shot at identifying the peppers shown in the previous post, please, give it a whirl! In the mean time, here’s a fun visual.