This grilled corn salsa features the flavors of summer from your back yard grill. Fire-roasted sweet bell pepper, black beans, garden-fresh tomatoes and corn on the cob are all blended together for this colorful fiesta salsa. This roasted corn salsa will bring out the best of summer, every time.
Roasted corn salsa from the grill.
What is this?
Roasted corn salsa from your backyard grill
Fire-roasted sweet bell peppers add flavor and color to this grilled corn salsa.
A day or so back we had the pleasure of taping a few more segments the morning television show, Living with Amy, out of Green Bay, Wisconsin. The show's producer gave us some topics to try and fill with good food and recipes, one of them being Getting Corny. Get corny is exactly what we did, and in celebration of a beautiful mid-west summer, we give you this colorful fiesta salsa.
This recipe is a combination of so many things that we hold in very high regard here in Wisconsin. Summer, fresh produce, grilling, and of course fresh salsa.
Typically, the fresh salsa we enjoy here in the summer is a classic combination of tomatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil and a dash or two of salt and pepper. When we make this salsa we try to think just a little outside of the box, more toward the corn field. Lucky for us that cornfield is just outside our kitchen window.
The result: Pure summer. Pure delicious. It isn't just the grill-roasted sweet corn that gives this fiesta salsa a new and ever-so-tasty spin.
Love Salsa? You're going to love our Cool Cucumber Salsa!
"Roasted sweet red pepper, fresh lime juice, and a dash of ground smokey cumin all combine to form a new summer sensation."
This fiesta salsa doesn't have to be eaten with just chips. It's a great side by itself or with grilled chicken or other summer fare.
Celebrate the season, fire up the grill and don't be afraid to get a little corny. This roasted corn salsa lets you do all of those things and will be sure to put a smile on your face. It's just one more reason that you'll wish summer won't ever end. Happy August, happy summer. -Dan
Try this fiesta salsa and have a bite of summer, any time of the year.
Grilled Corn Salsa
- 2 cobs grilled sweet corn
- ½ can black beans low sodium, drained and rinsed
- ½ lb. roma tomatoes seeded and coarsely chopped
- ½ roasted red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ cup cilantro leaves stemmed, washed and chopped
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil grates of grill and heat to high.
- Grill corn and pepper, some blackened caramelization will enhance the flavor of each.
- Use knife to slice grilled corn from cob and coarsely dice grilled pepper, removing seeds and pith first.
- Combine corn and pepper in medium size mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients.
Pin this Fiesta Salsa for Later!