This slow cooker chicken thighs recipe cooks all day while you do your own thing. Go to work, hit the gym, stop by the farmer’s market.
Do whatever you want and come home to this delicious slow cooker honey and garlic chicken meal.
Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
We put this latest crockpot chicken recipe together at our little weekend oasis located on a small lake in the middle of Nowhere, Wisconsin. It’s a tranquil place to get off the grid, hit the nearby farmer’s market, drink a little wine, and do a lot of cooking.
Some of our best recipes are made at our lake cottage and often with the kids helping out. We’ve made such great recipes as our Sweet and Savory Grilled Eggplant, our Cottage Cake, our Crustless Vegetable Quiche, and many, many more.
Our latest crockpot recipe of slow cooker chicken thighs uses just a few ordinary ingredients that you probably already have on hand. It costs less than a couple of dollars per serving and uses nothing more than a slow cooker.
This wonderful crock pot honey garlic chicken recipe is perfect for the cottage or wherever this may find you.
Ingredients for these Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs:
- Chicken leg quarters (bone in and skin on)
- Barbecue Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
To Make this Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe
Start by placing the chicken quarters in a single layer, in your slow cooker. Although you can use chicken breast, dark meat will add more flavor. There isn’t a lot of liquid in this slow cooker recipe and so leaving the skin on helps prevent it from drying out.
Importantly, only a very small amount of ingredients is needed for this crockpot meal. Water is cooked out during the process so cutting back on the quantity of barbecue sauce and honey will help reduce the amount of liquid in the slow cooker when the chicken is finished cooking.
One of the things that makes crock pot meals so great is their convenience. After you put all the ingredients in your slow cooker, you can just set it to low and come home to an incredible meal of crock pot honey garlic chicken.
Once the chicken is finished cooking, you’re going to place it on a baking sheet and brown it under your oven broiler for just a couple of minutes. Doing this will give it a nice caramelized finish and taste.
While the chicken is browning up a bit, you’re going to make good use of the leftover liquid in the crock pot.
How to Make Gravy
I grew up loving gravy, and that is one thing that hasn’t changed since I’ve grown old and bald. I will actively seek the chance to make gravy anytime when I’m in the kitchen. If you’ve ever wondered how to make gravy, there are many methods.
With this slow cooker chicken recipe we are going to keep it very short and very simple.
Turn the crock pot to a high setting which will help reduce the liquid. Then, place a tablespoon or two of flour and put it in a small fine mesh strainer.
Then, use your finger to tap-tap-tap a little flour into the liquid, a little at a time, while continuously stirring with a fork. This will give you a nice gravy with no lumps!
Make Ahead Meal
If you want to assemble and freeze the ingredients for this slow cooker meal, simply put them in a freezer back and be sure to freeze them flat which will allow for even defrosting. Allow them to thaw and defrost for 24 hours before cooking and just follow the recipe card below.
More Crockpot Chicken Recipes from Platter Talk
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken – 8 Minute Prep Time
- Slow Cooker Roast Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Wings
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Biscuits
This crock pot chicken recipe is part of Freaky Friday, a seasonal blog hop that we have been participating in for a couple of years now. Food bloggers are secretly assigned to another food site within the group, and our assignment is to recreate a recipe of our choosing, from their site.
Our Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken recipe is a cover of another great food blog, Who Needs a Cape? This site is produced by two dynamic ladies who live states apart but come together online for one heck of a source of all things food related. A few of my favorite recipes from their site include:
- Foil-Baked Lemon Cod
- 40 Meals in 40 Hours – Crockpot Slow Cooker Freezer Cooking
- Cake Mix Cherry Cobbler
More of Our Freaky Friday Blog Hop Recipes
- Asian Meatballs
- Posole Recipe
- Lemon Loaf Cake with Rosemary-Infused Lemon Icing
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Black Bean and Roasted Corn Chowder
- Whole Wheat Irish Soda Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats with Brown Butter
- Blueberry Crumb Cake and Cream Cheese Lemon Twist
Take a Look at all of our Fall Freaky Friday Recipes:
- An Affair from the Heart – Pumpkin Spice Swirls – Leftover Pie Crust Cookies
- Bowl Me Over – 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- The Healing Tomato – Greek Dipping Oil
- LeMoine Family Kitchen – Easy Vegetable Orzo Soup
- Lemon Blossoms – Coconut Curry Soup with Shrimp
- Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish – Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner
- Mildly Meandering – Caprese Tortellini Skewers
- Seduction in the Kitchen – Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Skillet
- Take Two Tapas – Tequila Infused Grapes
- West Via Midwest – Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Who Needs a Cape? – Cheesy Chicken, Artichoke & Rice Casserole
Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- 4 Chicken leg quarters Bone-in, skin on.
- 2 tbsp Barbecue Sauce Spicey flavored.
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 5 cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper To taste.
Place chicken quarters, skin side up, in a single layer of your slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.