Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup– When you are looking for a delicious, hearty, easy soup to make this fall, look no further than this Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup.
As we enter into what I think is my most favorite time of the year, I look forward to all the different soups that will be simmering on my stove.
However, because I can’t leave a pot of soup on the stove when I go to work in the morning, I look for help from my good friend Mr. Crock Pot.
This past week I looked south to the border and made this delicious Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup.
What’s in it
By taking the convenience of using things like taco seasoning, jarred salsa, V8 juice, frozen corn, and canned black beans.
It was a snap to throw together and brought so much flavor without all the guesswork of trying to figure out what spices to use. Also, by taking advantage of the crock-pot, I was able to let this simmer on low while I was at work.
This was great because not only did the house smell wonderful when I walked in after a long day, I was able to feed the boys as soon as we got home. For those of you with children, you know that during a school week, school aged children cannot wait longer than 30 seconds to eat after entering the house after their school day. Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup is a win win on all levels.
So I say, look outside of the box, or in this case stock pot and grab your slow cooker to make soup. I know that your family will say “muy bien” and “gracias” when you serve them a big bowl of this Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup. Enjoy! -Scott
Other delicious Mexican recipes
Take a look at this food video of us showing you how to make this easy soup recipe!
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup
- 1 ½ pounds Chicken boneless, skinless breasts
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 envelope reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 32 oz reduced sodium V8 juice
- 16 oz jar salsa
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 12 oz bag frozen corn
- Reduced fat cheddar cheese- to garnish the soup
- Reduced fat sour cream- to garnish the soup
- chopped cilantro- to garnish the soup
- In skillet, saute the chicken in the oil over medium heat until the chicken is no longer pink and is cooked.
- Add taco seasoning and water and cook until all of the chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Transfer chicken to the crock pot.
- Stir in salsa, corn, beans and V-8 juice.
- Place lid on crock pot.
- Cook on low for at least 3 hours.
- Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream and cilantro.