Stuffed Taco Shells are a delicious variation on traditional stuffed shells that you’re going to love making and your whole family is going to love eating.
Stuffed Taco Shells
I’m not going to lie, most of the kids in our family of six boy are kitchen table lightweights. Sure, every once in a while they will plow through a family dinner like a hot knife through butter. Many times however we get the rote responses of, “I’m not really hungry tonight,” or “Are there mushrooms in this?” or “I just want a little bit.”
Happily, that wasn’t the case at all the first time that I put this pan full of Stuffed Taco Shells together. In fact, there was nary a single shell left when the last dad left the table. To make this Stuffed Taco Shells recipe even better, it goes together in a snap and easily feeds a small crowd for about $3.00 per serving.
What You Need for Stuffed Taco Shells
Ground beef or shredded chicken
Salsa (look for the fresh stuff, it’s soooo much better!)
Optional add-ons: Nacho chips, green onions, sour cream, guacamole
Yes, there are a lot of wins in this kid-friendly recipe that mom and dad will love too. As always, I hope you won’t take my word for it, but rather try it yourself and be amazed at how quickly these Stuffed Taco Shells will disappear. -Dan
Never Miss Another Platter Talk Recipe
Stuffed Taco Shells
- 1 - 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 box jumbo shells
- 2 cups salsa divided
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 cups taco sauce
- 3 green onions optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brown ground beef over medium heat, in large skillet. Add taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and stir in cream cheese until melted and completely blended. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Prepare shells as directed on box, being sure to not over-cook. Drain shells and place on baking sheet so the don't stick together.
- Use 1 cup of salsa and spread evenly over the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Reserve remaining salsa. Using a teaspoon, carefully stuff shells with taco beef mixture. Place each shell in pan, atop salsa. Drizzle the taco sauce evenly over the shells.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, spread shredded cheese over shells and bake, uncovered, for 15 more minutes. Remove from oven, garnish with green onions and remaining salsa, serve immediately.