Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells are a great choice for a game day appetizer or a lite party fare bite. Easy to make and packed with Buffalo sauce flavor, be ready to hand out this recipe, you're going to need it.
Every once in a while it seems that a good-looking recipe on social media catches my eye.
It seems to be happening more frequently and these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells were the latest thing to make me do a double-take, followed by perhaps a triple take for good measure.
These Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells are part appetizer, part entrée. They can easily fill the role of either course, depending on your particular menu needs.
If these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells look and sound tasty to you, be sure and check out our Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip from Platter Talk!
Serve Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells with a side of celery and carrots, and a dollop or two of ranch dressing or blue cheese and be amazed at what came out of your oven.
👨🍳 Tried this Recipe? Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below and leave a comment. We love hearing from our readers!
⏩ Stay in touch with us on social media by following us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
📬Get our Recipes delivered to your inbox for FREE!
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup cayenne pepper sauce such as Frank's® RedHot®
- 1 16 ounce container whipped ricotta cheese
- cooking spray
- 1 10 ounce package jumbo pasta shells
- 1 8 ounce package shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground chicken in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Melt butter in the skillet with the cooked chicken. Stir cayenne pepper sauce into the chicken mixture and remove from heat.
- Squeeze as much moisture from the ricotta cheese using a cheese cloth or paper towels; put drained cheese in a large bowl. Add chicken mixture to the cheese and stir. Refrigerate until completely chilled, 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Prepare a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta shells in the boiling water until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 10 minutes; drain. Rinse with cold water until no longer hot; drain.
- Spoon chicken mixture into cooked pasta shells and arrange into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend over the stuffed shells; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is slightly melted and the stuffing is hot in the middle, 15 to 20 minutes.