Buffalo Chicken Dip is an easy and addictive finger food that tastes great any time of the year.
As a bonus, you can use the same recipe to make this easy chicken wing dip in your oven or in your crock-pot!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
This easy Buffalo chicken dip recipe is standard fare at our friend Amy’s house.
Just one dip of a tortilla chip or celery stalk is all it takes to understand why everyone loves this simple appetizer.
Even better, this chicken wing dip recipe can be made, start to finish, in 45 minutes or less and goes great with almost anything!
I’ll be honest with you, the first few times I was at Amy’s house, and she served this chicken wing dip, I avoided it like the plague.
Why? You may ask.
Judging from the reaction to other guests and her kids, I had a feeling this recipe would be dangerously delicious.
A few visits later, I completely caved and gave it a try; as I feard, I was spot on.
Make this Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Slow Cooker or the Oven.
Either method uses the same shortlist of ingredients!
Buffalo Wing Dip in the Crock-Pot
- Combine blue cheese dressing with cream cheese.
- Stir in Buffalo sauce.
- Add cooked chicken and cheddar cheese.
- Cook in crock-pot on low setting for2 to 3 hours or until bubbly.
Buffalo Wing Dip in the Oven
- Combine blue cheese dressing, Buffalo sauce and cooked chicken in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir.
- Stir in the cream cheese.
- Bake in a non-stick coated oven-safe dish at 350°, for 30 minutes.
I’m a lover of all things cheese, I guess that’s what happens when you grow up with a dad who had a passion for such things as Limburger cheese.
Maybe it was the cheese sandwiches and mayo that my mom made for me as a kid.
The most likely reason, though, it’s just who I am.
If you prefer ranch dressing with your wings, try substituting that for the blue cheese dressing.
Time Saving Kitchen Hack
Use a rotisserie chicken for this Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe!
Keep in mind that our kids generally won’t go near blue cheese, but this Buffalo chicken dip is an exception.
Give this chicken dip a try and then share it with friends.
You’ll lose count of the number of times someone asks you for this Buffalo dip recipe.
Be sure and let them know you found it right here on Platter Talk.
FAQs for Buffalo Wing Dip
How long does Buffalo chicken wing dip last?
- This chicken wing dip will last 3 or 4 days after making it.
- Be sure to promptly seal and refrigerate any leftovers.
- For longer storage, freeze the dip as instructed below.
Can you freeze buffalo chicken dip?
You can freeze this chicken dip before or after it is baked!
- Place it in an air-tight container or zip-lock bag.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Defrost in the refrigerator the night before using.
- Reheat in the oven or crockpot.
Is Buffalo Wing Dip Keto?
In most cases, yes. Use sugar-free dressing and hot sauce, and you should be good to go for a keto-friendly tailgate food!
See Dan and Scott making this Chicken Wing Dip on Television
If you’ve tried this Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip or any other recipe on Platter Talk, please let us know your thoughts in the comments below, we love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see what we have cooking!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing.
- Blue cheese crumbles for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Spray oven safe dish with non-stick coating and transfer mixture.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
To Make this Buffalo Wing Dip in the Crock Pot
- Mix ingredients as directed for oven method.
- Cover slow cooker and set to LOW for 2-3 hours, until hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with blue cheese (if using).
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or celery sticks or on crostini.
Updated from the original post of May 2, 2015