Buffalo Chicken Dip is an easy finger food recipe that you can make in just 40 minutes.
One of our favorite appetizer ideas, it goes great with anything. I especially love it with our homemade sangria!
Make this chicken wing dip any time of the year, in your oven, or your crock-pot. Read on to see how to make it both ways!
Make this chicken wing dip in the crockpot or bake it in the oven!
About this recipe
This easy Buffalo chicken dip recipe is standard fare at our friend Amy's house. It's also one of my favorite cheesy recipes.
Just one dip of a tortilla chip or celery stalk is all it takes to understand why everyone loves this simple appetizer.
Even better, this chicken wing dip recipe can be made, start to finish, in 45 minutes or less, and goes great with almost anything!
What to eat with this
- Tortilla Chips
- Your Finger (Remember, we don't judge.)
I'll be honest with you, the first few times I was at Amy's house, and she served this chicken wing dip, I avoided it like the plague.
Why? You may ask.
Judging from the reaction to other guests and her kids, I had a feeling this recipe would be dangerously delicious.
A few visits later, I completely caved and gave it a try; as I feard, I was spot on.
Serve this chicken wing dip on crostini for an addictive finger food.
- Cooked chicken
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Blue cheese dressing or
- Ranch dressing
- Blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Combine blue cheese dressing with cream cheese.
- Stir in Buffalo sauce.
- Add cooked chicken and cheddar cheese.
- Cook in crock-pot on low setting for2 to 3 hours or until bubbly.
Buffalo chicken dip tastes great, right out of the crock-pot!
- Combine blue cheese dressing, Buffalo sauce, and cooked chicken in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir.
- Stir in the cream cheese.
- Bake in a non-stick coated oven-safe dish at 350°, for 30 minutes.
For a chunkier Buffalo chicken wing dip, you can cook diced chicken and chop it up in smaller pieces.
Make this chicken wing dip from the oven in about 30 minutes.
- It's fast. With only a few ingredients, it goes in the oven and is ready in just 30 minutes.
- Use the same recipe to make slow cooker buffalo chicken dip.
- It reheats well for leftovers. We took some to a church from what was leftover on Saturday.
- Everyone loves this tailgate food!
This Buffalo wing dip makes a great spread for crostini.
I'm a lover of all things cheese, I guess that's what happens when you grow up with a dad who had a passion for such things as Limburger cheese.
Maybe it was the cheese sandwiches and mayo that my mom made for me as a kid.
The most likely reason, though, it's just who I am.
If you prefer ranch dressing with your wings, try substituting that for the blue cheese dressing.
Time Saving Kitchen Hack
Use a rotisserie chicken for this Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe!
Or, use the leftovers from our Simple Roast Chicken Recipe!
Keep in mind that our kids generally won't go near blue cheese, but this Buffalo chicken dip is an exception.
Give this chicken dip a try and then share it with friends.
More tailgate food
- Brat Bites
- Bratwurst segments wrapped and then baked in phyllo dough.
- Tango Sausage Cheese Dip
- Velveeta cheese-based dip, with sausage, Rotel, and other lively flavors.
- Wisconsin Cheese and Ranch Dressing Dip
- Easy cream cheese dip with dry ranch dressing, shredded cheese and a cup or so of your favorite hobby brew.
- Olive Spread
- Flavorful tapenade made with simple ingredients.
- Pork and Gouda Cheese Nachos
- Crispy nachos covered with leftover pulled pork and crowned with a cheese topping.
- Easy Guacamole Dip
- The best guacamole you've ever tasted, from your own kitchen.
- Antipasto Platter
- Ideally suited to make "on the go". This party platter features a variety of savory meats, cheeses, crackers, and more!
You'll lose count of the number of times someone asks you for this Buffalo dip recipe. Please be sure and let them know you found it right here on Platter Talk!
This easy Buffalo chicken dip is perfect for game day.
Common recipe questions
You can freeze this chicken dip before or after it is baked!
In most cases, yes. Use sugar-free dressing and hot sauce, and you should be good to go for a keto-friendly tailgate food!
More of our Chicken Wing Recipes for You
- 3-Ingredient Crispy Baked Italian Chicken Wings
- A simple recipe for delicious chicken wings.
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Wings
- Inexpensive and easy way to make chicken wings.
- Korean Fried Chicken Wings
- An authentic recipe for crispy, double-fried, and flavorful chicken wings!
See Dan and Scott making this Chicken Wing Dip on Television
Check out all of our Appetizer Recipes here!
👨🍳 Tried this Recipe? Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below and leave a comment. We love hearing from our readers!
⏩ Stay in touch with us on social media by following us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
📬Get our Recipes delivered to your inbox for FREE!
The Best Chicken Wing Dip
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing.
- Blue cheese crumbles for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Spray oven safe dish with non-stick coating and transfer mixture.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
To Make this Buffalo Wing Dip in the Crock Pot
- Mix ingredients as directed for oven method.
- Cover slow cooker and set to LOW for 2-3 hours, until hot and bubbly. Garnish with blue cheese (if using).
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or celery sticks or on crostini.
- May garnish with chopped green onion as well.
- Best served hot with crackers or celery sticks.
- You can use shredded rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
- To make this Buffalo chicken wing dip more ooey and gooey, with less browning on the top, cover with aluminum foil while baking (if making it in the oven.)
Love the ease and simplicity of this dish. My kids love dips and this with cream cheese would sure be a winner. Sounds so good
This is a crazy good recipe. I can imagine this amazing dip would be dangerously addictive. Who can say no to buffalo wings and more so who can say no to dangerously delicious buffalo wing dip!
This recipe makes me crazy! It really impresses me. Great idea for a party. Very interesting combination of all ingredients. Great for me and my family. Of course I want to try it. Looks incredibly tasty. THANK YOU!
What a fabulous buffalo chicken wing dip! A perfect appetizer for the holiday season.
Wow, what a flavorful and delicious dip that is. Anything buffalo flavored and blue cheese has my name written on it. It looks amazing.
No kidding...this stuff in every single shape and form that I've ever had it in, is dangerously addicting! I also avoided it for the longest time haha!
Versions of this dip are always a hit in my neighborhood. People bring it to potlucks like our grandmas brought jello salads!
I like your addition of the Bleu cheese sprinkled on top.
This couldn't be more perfect timing during football season and we love buffalo chicken
Bintu - Recipes From A Pantry
Love a good dip and this looks yummy and with blue cheese I bet delicious
Mackenzie @ Food Above Gold
Dangerously delicious is accurate! Anything buffalo wing flavored is high up on my list of addictions. Add the blue cheese flavor with it and I'm hooked. I'm about ready to become addicted to this dip!