Buffalo Chicken Dip is an easy finger food recipe that you can make in just 40 minutes.
One of our favorite appetizer ideas, it goes great with anything. I especially love it with our homemade sangria!
Make this chicken wing dip any time of the year, in your oven, or your crock-pot. Read on to see how to make it both ways!
Make this chicken wing dip in the crockpot or bake it in the oven!
About this recipe
This easy Buffalo chicken dip recipe is standard fare at our friend Amy's house. It's also one of my favorite cheesy recipes.
Just one dip of a tortilla chip or celery stalk is all it takes to understand why everyone loves this simple appetizer.
Even better, this chicken wing dip recipe can be made, start to finish, in 45 minutes or less, and goes great with almost anything!
I'll be honest with you, the first few times I was at Amy's house, and she served this chicken wing dip, I avoided it like the plague.
Why? You may ask.
Judging from the reaction to other guests and her kids, I had a feeling this recipe would be dangerously delicious.
A few visits later, I completely caved and gave it a try; as I feard, I was spot on.
Serve this chicken wing dip on crostini for an addictive finger food.
- Cooked chicken
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Blue cheese dressing or
- Ranch dressing
- Blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Combine blue cheese dressing with cream cheese.
- Stir in Buffalo sauce.
- Add cooked chicken and cheddar cheese.
- Cook in crock-pot on low setting for2 to 3 hours or until bubbly.
Buffalo chicken dip tastes great, right out of the crock-pot!
- Combine blue cheese dressing, Buffalo sauce, and cooked chicken in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir.
- Stir in the cream cheese.
- Bake in a non-stick coated oven-safe dish at 350°, for 30 minutes.
Make this chicken wing dip from the oven in about 30 minutes.
This Buffalo wing dip makes a great spread for crostini.
I'm a lover of all things cheese, I guess that's what happens when you grow up with a dad who had a passion for such things as Limburger cheese.
Maybe it was the cheese sandwiches and mayo that my mom made for me as a kid.
The most likely reason, though, it's just who I am.
If you prefer ranch dressing with your wings, try substituting that for the blue cheese dressing.
Time Saving Kitchen Hack
Use a rotisserie chicken for this Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe!
Or, use the leftovers from our Simple Roast Chicken Recipe!
Keep in mind that our kids generally won't go near blue cheese, but this Buffalo chicken dip is an exception.
Give this chicken dip a try and then share it with friends.
You'll lose count of the number of times someone asks you for this Buffalo dip recipe. Please be sure and let them know you found it right here on Platter Talk!
This easy Buffalo chicken dip is perfect for game day.
Common recipe questions
You can freeze this chicken dip before or after it is baked!
In most cases, yes. Use sugar-free dressing and hot sauce, and you should be good to go for a keto-friendly tailgate food!
See Dan and Scott making this Chicken Wing Dip on Television
Check out all of our Appetizer Recipes here!
👨🍳 Tried this Recipe? Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below and leave a comment. We love hearing from our readers!
⏩ Stay in touch with us on social media by following us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
📬Get our Recipes delivered to your inbox for FREE!
The Best Chicken Wing Dip
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing.
- Blue cheese crumbles for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Spray oven safe dish with non-stick coating and transfer mixture.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
To Make this Buffalo Wing Dip in the Crock Pot
- Mix ingredients as directed for oven method.
- Cover slow cooker and set to LOW for 2-3 hours, until hot and bubbly. Garnish with blue cheese (if using).
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or celery sticks or on crostini.
- May garnish with chopped green onion as well.
- Best served hot with crackers or celery sticks.
- You can use shredded rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
- To make this Buffalo chicken wing dip more ooey and gooey, with less browning on the top, cover with aluminum foil while baking (if making it in the oven.)