This Asian Meatballs Recipe is an easy go-to food idea that’s suitable for a special party or a fast weeknight family dinner at home. Either way, it’s tasty and a recipe that you need to try soon.
Every few months or so, a group of virtual foodie friends convene to recreate a recipe from another group member’s site. We call it Freaky Friday and you’re going to call it delicious. This go-round, I was assigned to make something that caught my fancy on the The Devilish Dish and what I found over there was a mouthwatering Asian Meatballs Recipe.
We’ve made a few meatball recipes before, here on Platter Talk. Some are braised, some are in a casserole, some are in stromboli. All of them are delicious. This Asian Meatballs Recipe fits in very nicely with all of the others as it is simple and and full of flavor. These go together quickly in a mixing bowl and then spend about 15 minutes in the oven. In terms of ingredients, this Asian Meatballs Recipe can easily be tailored to your likes.
The basic ingredients include:
- Beef, egg, and breadcrumbs
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Green onions, garlic, and ginger
For added zing, you could throw some chopped up hot pepper into the mix. Don’t care for cilantro? Leave it out. I love using fresh ginger whenever possible but guess what – when it was time to add some to the mixing bowl I realized we had none. Enter a dash or two of Chinese spice that has sat dormant in my spice cabinet for longer than I care to admit. I had a little orange juice and that went into the mixing bowl as well. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.
As with any recipe, use what you think might taste good and make it your own. We hope you will try this Asian Meatballs Recipe soon, you won’t be disappointed! -Dan
Other delicious meatball recipes
Asian Meatballs Recipe
for the meatballs
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger fine chop
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro coarse chop
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds optional
for the dipping sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 fresh lime juiced
- 1 green onion chopped
for the meatballs
- Preheat oven to 500° F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all meatball ingredients, except sesame seeds, into a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Adjust breadcrumb amount to ensure adequate texture for rolling into balls and maintaining shape. Form into golf ball size meatballs and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with optional sesame seeds if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine dipping sauce ingredients and stir well.
- Serve dipping sauce with meatballs.
[inlinkz_linkup id=701039 mode=1]