My dad mentioned that he wanted some brownies, so I looked in the pantry and saw graham crackers and marshmallows. Then, I thought what if I could make a version of smores in the comfort of our little cottages kitchen. Just like that these Smore Brownies were born. –Our son Nate, one of the Platter Talk Kids
Our kids have been cooking for a long time already and at the ripe old age of 13, our twin boys Nate and Asher often come up with their own recipe ideas.
That’s what happened last night, just before movie night at our little weekend cottage in rural Wisconsin.
These s’more brownies come from a recipe using a packaged brownie mix.
It’s fun to use cake and brownie box mixes to create your own dessert, just like our Boston Cream Cake Recipe, another cottage creation!
How To Make these S’mores Recipe
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the box, Nate uses about 1/3 cups of chocolate chips with the batter, in this s’more brownie recipe.
- After the brownies are done, sprinkle the crushed graham crackers over the brownies and add another 1/3 cup of chocolate chips over the top.
- Cut the flat marshmallows in half, width-wise, and evenly distribute them on top, sprinkle one more crushed graham cracker on top of the marshmallows.
- Place the entire pan under the broiler (high) for 1 to 2 minutes. Don’t walk away and watch closely!
This easy kids recipe for s’mores brownies is a great bake sale idea as well. The boys are already putting them on their menu for the summer farmers market that will be coming soon!
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips divided
- 5 graham crackers crushed
- 1 cup marshmallows Flat and cut in half
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F and prepare brownie mix as directed on box, adding 1/3 cup chocolate chips to the batter. Bake as directed.
- Remove from oven when brownies are done. Crush and sprinkle four graham. crackers on top of them. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup of chocolate chips on top of the graham crackers and brownies.
- Spread the. marshmallows evenly over the pan of brownies. Place under high broiler, using the center rack, for two minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining graham crackers over the top and allow to cool completely before cutting.