Oatmeal & Apple Butter Bars
A day or so ago we had a childless afternoon in our house, hence I returned home to an unusually quiet home on an unusually frigid day.
The outside temperature never made it above 15 degrees below zero throughout the day and so I decided to use the magical heat of an oven ready to bake.
The kitchen began the transformation to a warm and cozy haven and this is how a new recipe came into the world. Thus we present to you Oatmeal & Apple Butter Bars.
The biggest downfall is having to clean a frequently cluttered pantry, almost like like a clothes closet that the whole family uses!
“I came across this recipe which seemed simple and fast and because I wanted to make good use of these often forgotten food items.”
Instead, my parents always packed a few jars of it when returning home, following a visit with family in Ontario, Canada – just a couple of short hours away from our home in upstate New York.
The jars of this sweet and condensed apple sauce never lasted long on my mom’s kitchen table and for this reason I seldom had the chance to enjoy it.
I would never have thought to combine the likes of rolled oats and apple butter yet with these Oatmeal & Apple Butter Bars that is exactly what happened.
I came across this recipe which seemed simple and fast and because I wanted to make good use of these often forgotten food items, I thought this would be a good bar for the day.
Turns out, these Oatmeal & Apple Butter Bars are good for any day. They are indeed very easy to put together, they are a satiating snack and not overly sweet. For something a little different, yet still tasty, give these oatmeal and apple butter bars a try.
I hope you will let me know how you like them.
More Delicius Recipes Using Apple Butter
- Apple Butter Dredged Pork Cutlets
- Apple Butter Meatloaf
- Rasin Apple Butter Bread
- Scottish Tea Cookes with Apple Butter
- Herb Pork Pinwheels with Apple Butter and Chevre
- Apple Butter Muffins
- Sage and Apple Butter Gnocchi
More Bar Cookies for You to Try
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from the Cookie Rookie
- Chocolate Orange Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Bars
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
Oatmeal and Apple Butter Bars
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, sugars, salt and cinnamon.
- Add butter and stir until creamy.
- Pat half of the mixture into baking pan.
- Spread apple butter evenly over crumb layer.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs over apple butter and press down gently.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and cool completely.