Apple Meatloaf is a spin on a traditional meatloaf recipe with an Amish-inspired twist making it perfect for fall.
Today I’m showing you how to make meatloaf using one of our favorite autumn treats that come from my Amish and Mennonite roots: Apple butter.
Read on to learn how this apple meatloaf with ground turkey and beef will feed eight people for under $2 per serving in about an hour!
We make this tasty meatloaf recipe with one of our favorite Amish and Mennonite condiments: Apple Butter.
Our Honeycrisp apple tree is looking pretty promising, with a good amount of juicy appearing, tennis ball-sized apples starting to weight down the branches.
Still, they aren’t ready to be picked yet and won’t be for a few more weeks.
With frost warnings in tomorrow’s forecast and temperatures only in the low 50’s it seems a good time to start thinking of fall recipes.
I’m the first to acknowledge that I’m not the most creative guy in the world.
As if I wasn’t aware of this on my own, I’m frequently reminded by Scott that I just didn’t get “the gene.”
Lucky for me that I have him around.
There are exceptions to every rule, however, and tonight I’m taking the liberty of declaring one for myself.
With all this in mind, it It seems like a good time to channel my Mennonite heritage and come up with this Amish Meatloaf to share with you.
Our kids love a good meatloaf recipe, and in all honesty, our friends love it when we make it for them.
But we’ve never made it like this before.
Ingredients for this Easy Meatloaf Recipe
- Ground Turkey
- Ground Beef
- Apple Butter
- Cheddar Cheese
- Rolled Oats
- Sweet Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
Beautifully brown and sweet apple butter, combined in a bowl of ground beef and ground turkey, all mixed in with a freshly sliced apple and some mild onion and sweet peppers.
This has all the ingredients for an easy meatloaf recipe that is tailor-made for fall.
Get your apple on, try this delicious meatloaf recipe soon!
Some of our other Recipes that Use Apple Butter
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion finely diced
- 1 small sweet bell pepper finely diced
- 1 apple peeled and cut into fine shavings
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in saute pan over medium heat.
- Cook onions and peppers until soft and translucent, about five minutes. Set aside.
- In medium size mixing bowl, combine all ingredients using hands to thoroughly mix.
- Prepare a loaf pan with a non-stick coating and place meat mixture in pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to set for 5 minutes before serving.
- Spread thin layer of apple butter over meat loaf if desired.