Turtle Dream Bars Recipe – It’s been a while since I put something sweet and chocolatey together for the oven. I found this recipe on Real Simple and true to the site’s name it is indeed, real simple. It’s also real yummy.
Turtle Dream Bars Recipe
Scott and I have been out of town for a while and this Turtle Dream Bars Recipe was the first thing I have put together since our return. All I can say is, it was the perfect way to get reacquainted with our kitchen.
Without going overboard, this Turtle Dream Bars Recipe makes you feel like you’re making a great recipe but it could hardly be any easier. A cup of butter takes a quick trip to the food processor with some flour and powdered sugar. That base is baked, then topped with the good stuff.
When I say good stuff, I think you know what I’m talking about. Chocolate and pecans and toffee bits, oh my! On a soft bed of sweetened condensed milk and egg. That’s it! To be perfectly honest, when I started the short process of making this Turtle Dream Bars Recipe, my initial thought was that these might be too good. There’s a strong possibility that I am correct with this assessment but I’m going to risk it. I think you’ll want to as well. Give these bars a try. They are almost guaranteed to bring you dreams of turtles (the edible type.) In your sleep and during the day. Love these up, and don’t say I didn’t warn you. xo – Dan
Never Miss Another Platter Talk Recipe
Turtle Dream Bars Recipe from Platter Talk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee-and-chocolate baking pieces such as Heath or Skor
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, and butter in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until a crumbly dough is formed. Press the dough firmly into a greased 9-by-13-inch pan. Bake until just golden, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the condensed milk, egg, and vanilla. Pour the filling over the baked crust. Sprinkle the pecans, chocolate chips, and toffee pieces evenly over the filling. Bake until the filling is set, the edges are golden brown, and the toffee is melted, about 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in the refrigerator, about 2 hours. Cut into 32 bars.