Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats are a delicious seasonal variation on a classic treat with which almost everyone in the United States grew up loving. We are excited to show you this fall version of delicious Americana and what’s more, even a kid can make it. In this case, a couple of The Platter Talk Kids!
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
We put these wonderful dessert bars together as part of an activity with some of our favorite food bloggers. Once every season, we do a “Freaky Friday” post where names among participating food bloggers are secretly exchanged and we are all charged with making a recipe from the site of whoever we are assigned.
Our match was Candi from The Devilish Dish and we made her Browned Butter Pumpkin Pie Spiced Rice Krispie Treats with Sea Salt. Aside from omitting the sea salt in attempt to make these just a bit healthier, we followed her recipe to the letter and had delicious results. When I say we, I mean myself and Nate and Asher, two of our six boys who are sometimes known as The Platter Talk Kids.
What makes these Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats taste so unique? For one thing, there is browned butter in them which imparts a mellow and slightly nutty flavor. What’s more, the pumpkin pie spice immediately sends these to the fall food category and in a most delicious sense.
What you Need for These Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispies (or similar type cereal)
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Sea Salt (Optional to us)
To Make These Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
Brown the butter
Add the marshmellows
Stir in the pumpkin pie spice
Add the rice krispies and stir, stir stir!
Nate and Asher had a great time putting these Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats together and what’s more, we all had a great time munching on them. I have to confess, I was particularly taken with the pumpkin spin on these treats.
These Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats will make the perfect treat for this fall season. Be sure and give them a try and if I may be so bold as to suggest, get your kids in the kitchen! Happy fall to you and thank you for reading Platter Talk. -Dan
Perfect for this Fall
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats with Brown Butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 10.5 ounce bag marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- Maldon sea salt or any flaky "finishing" sea saltn (Optional)
- Grease a 9x9-inch pan with butter or cooking spray and then set aside.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, continue to cook until butter starts to brown. The butter will turn a golden brown color and develop a nutty aroma. Watch carefully so it does not burn.
- Stir up any browned bits and add the marshmallows, stirring until melted.
- Stir in the pumpkin pie spice. Remove from heat.
- Once the mixture is well-combined, stir in cereal.
- When mixed, spread into prepared pan and press down evenly. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with optional Maldon sea salt and cut into squares before serving.
[inlinkz_linkup id=661194 mode=1]