This Sriracha Salmon from the grill uses sriracha chili sause and a couple of other ingredients that are probably already in your fridge. Loaded with health, flavor, and convenience, you need to take a look at this recipe and fire up the grill.
Why You Will Love this Grilled Sriracha Salmon
It’s easy to make. A couple of salmon fillets, some very ordinary ingredients and a hot grill and you’re in business!
It’s full of health. Salmon is loaded with Omega 3 fatty acids and protein. It’s great for you!
It’s full of flavor. Soy sauce, dijon mustard, and a little kick all work together and make this entrée sing with taste!
I’m pretty new to the sriaracha seen and after spotting a bottle of the chili-flavored version, I decided to pick some up, while doing some grocery shopping. I was baching it up for an evening, as Scott was at a work function and so I gave my friend April a call and invited her over to eat, drink, and make some merriment with me.
“With some great flavor combos and a little imagination, I’m always amazed at how easy it is to jazz up seafood.”
It proved to be a fun evening of new foods. We put this easy dish for the grill together along with a very healthy side of Blitva (Swiss Chard and Potatoes.) Finding fresh seafood is a near-impossibility here in the mid-west. Even our fish that is advertised as “fresh” is almost always fresh-frozen. Not exactly the same thing. Still, with some great flavor combos and a little imagination, I’m always amazed at how easy it is to jazz up seafood. This recipe can be made for about $15 for two, probably a third of what you would expect to pay at a good restaurant, should you be lucky enough to find one that could put out a meal of this quality and taste.
The good news is, you can make this at home on your own grill, without having to go out. Grab some salmon, pick up the phone and invite a friend over, and be amazed at the taste of this sriacha salmon, hot off your grill. -Dan
Never Miss Another Platter Talk Recipe
Grilled Sriracha Salmon
A Platter Talk Exclusive
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 8 oz 250g salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/4 cup sriracha chili sauce
- 1/2 cucumber shaved for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in small mixing bowl, except for salmon and cucumber. Mix well.
- Place salmon on flat plate, using half the marinade, apply an even coat to salmon and place in refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade.
- Apply non-stick coating or oil to grill grates, then heat to medium-high setting.
- Using tongs, place salmon fillets on grill, skin side down.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes or until fish is pink and flaky.
- Serve on pre-warmed plates, drizzle reserved marinade on each portion, garnish with cucumber shavings.