Make this grilled sockeye salmon in less than 20 minutes, from start to finish.
What is Sockeye Salmon?
Sockeye salmon is a north Pacific salmon that sports red-orange meat with a succulent taste.
Bounding with nutritional value, this variety of Pacific salmon is also considered by many to be the best for eating.
It is often distinguished from other varieties of salmon due to its rich red, almost fluorescent color.
Lower in fat than the other salmon, it’s flavor is more pronounced and thus it’s high popularity among salmon lovers.
How to Make this Grilled Salmon Recipe
This grilled salmon seasoning features a combination of savory fennel and fresh ginger.
We’ve used the savory fennel along with it pretty fronds a few times in the past and furthermore with today’s recipe we’re adding a new use to the list. Sockeye Salmon with Ginger Fennel Sauce.
It’s hard to say what it has more of flavor health or convenience; thus we will let you decide for yourself.
Whatever the case, you’re going to want to try this one yourself because that’s always the best way to decide!
Sockeye Salmon with Ginger Fennel Sauce
- 8 oz salmon fillet
- 1 cube ginger 1" x 2"
- ½ cup fennel chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- A splash of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 cob sweet corn grilled or roasted (optional)
- Heat grill to medium-high setting
- Place ginger, fennel, garlic, sugar, soy sauce and olive oil in food processor and process until thick,l liquid consistency.
- Place salmon on grill, skin side down and spread ½ sauce on salmon.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes, until salmon is tender and flaky.
- Remove from grill and finally spread remaining sauce. Garnish with fennel fronds and roasted corn and serve immediately.