Stone Fruit Crisp features a blend of seasonal stone fruits. Showcasing an array of colorful plums, bing cherries, and fresh peaches, this dessert features the best of early summer. Taking it up to an even higher level, it's topped with a nutty granola that's laced with chocolate chips.
What is this?
Lately, we've been inundated with requests to come up with new recipes using specific brands and foods. The folks from Golden Girl Granola reached out to us for just such a reason. They were kind enough to send us a bag of their artisan granola of our choice. Naturally, we went for the chocolate decadence. I mean, why wouldn't we?
Besides peaches, we've had a variety of seasonal fruits on hand lately. Since we all know that left uneaten they don't last long, I decided to put another crisped dessert entrée together, this time using our cottage oven.
For this stone fruit crisp, we mixed a couple of pounds of peaches, plums, and bing cherries together. The deep colors of these fruits overwhelmed me with their beauty and freshness. We're fortunate that our boys are big eaters of these fruits, this stone fruit crisp was going to be one more way for them to enjoy it.
You may have noticed that I put this stone fruit crisp together using multiple small baking vessels. Two small oven-safe bowls, and a baby cast iron skillet. A couple of the boys got their very own serving, and the rest shared from the skillet portion.
Fresh and fun to put together, this stone fruit crisp is remarkably delicious. Simple and rustic, the components of this would make a wonderful pastry filling as well. The peaches we used added a pleasing contrast to both the plums and bing cherries.
Of course the granola gave a sweet, chewy and very nice finish. Scott remarked on the occasional bite of chocolate offered by this variety of Gold Girl Granola. I hope that you try a stone fruit crisp this summer. You're sure to find a variety that will suit your taste and it's a great way to use up some of the season's best offerings. -Dan
👨🍳 Tried this Recipe? Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below and leave a comment. We love hearing from our readers!
⏩ Stay in touch with us on social media by following us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
📬Get our Recipes delivered to your inbox for FREE!
Baked Fruit Crisp Dessert with Granola
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar white or brown
- 1 cup granola
- ½ cup 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 lbs seasonal stone fruit pitted and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ½ cup flour, 1 cup sugar and granola.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until coarse crumbs form.
- In a shallow 2-quart baking dish, toss fruite with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoon flour.
- Sprinkle with granola topping.
- Place dish on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until topping is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool 20 minutes before serving.