These 3 Ingredient Crispy Baked Chicken Wings are the best thing I’ve made in a long time. In fact, after putting these together, I wanted to call everyone I know and say, “You have to make this easy chicken wings recipe, NOW!”
You may have noticed, they’re the only things I’ve made in a long time. In our absence, we featured the culinary art of a few of the best food bloggers on the globe, while we traveled it.
These 3 Ingredient Crispy Baked Italian Chicken Wings seem like the ideal post to feature upon our return. I just know that you’re going to love them.
3 Ingredient Italian Baked Crispy Chicken Wings
You may have noticed that I chose to use some medium-size chicken wings for this easy baked chicken wings recipe.
Call me big-boned if you will, I was planning on making these for the kids and us, and I wanted something a bit more substantial than the smaller chicken wings that most of us associate with traditional chicken wings. Let me assure you, either size works!
Scott made a great point by observing that these baked chicken wings don’t require a sauce to dip them in. I have to agree.
Nonetheless, we used a bottle of our favorite salad dressing. The combination was sublime.
Sauce or no sauce, please give this easy baked chicken wings recipe a try.
You won’t believe how wonderful they taste, how easy they are to make, and how affordable they are to enjoy.
- If you’re looking for an easy party food idea, try our Beef Taco Salad!
- Nacho flavor Doritos and taco meat are mixed with western dressing for a classic party salad.
We end this post by sharing some of the highlights of our visit to Paris. If you’ve not been, I hope you get the chance to visit. It’s good to be back and we thank you for visiting Platter Talk.
3 Ingredient Crispy Baked Italian Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs chicken wings bone-in
- 2 tbs baking powder
- 4 oz. (packets) dry Italian dressing seasoning we used Wishbone
- Preheat oven to 250° F. Using paper towels, pat the chicken wings dry. Combine dry ingredients in small mixing bowl. Use fork to stir thoroughly. Note: Make sure you are using baking powder NOT baking soda. Place chicken wings in large mixing bowl and slowly sprinkle dry ingredients over the chicken wings while stirring with a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Be sure to cover as much of the chicken as possible, with the dry ingredients. Spray oven rack with non-stick coating. Place rack on bottom center position of oven. Place chicken wings directly on oven rack (use foil-lined baking sheets to catch drippings on lower rack.) Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, increase oven temperature to 425° F. Raise up rack of chicken wings to center level. Bake for 45-50 minutes at 425°, until wings are brown and crispy. Remove from oven and allow to rest for five minutes before serving or mixing with optional sauce.
Updated from the Original Post from April 21, 2016