Nothing is more American than a good old fashioned potluck meal.
Other than worrying about over-eating at these things, sometimes the biggest problem with a potluck is deciding on what to bring.
You can check that problem off right here and now with this easy Beef Taco Salad, a classic potluck salad.
What is this?
I’m sharing this Taco salad with Doritos and western dressing with you because it was one of my favorite things at today’s potluck dinner at work.
The potluck was given a taco theme and this Doritos taco salad was a perfect hit.
About potluck recipes
I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a display of slow cookers like the one in my work lounge today.
Although our department only has a dozen or so people, we always have enough to feed double that number and today was no exception.
My contribution was the mozzarella meatballs recipe that we shared with you a few days ago and although it didn’t exactly fit with the taco theme, there were plenty of Tex-mex recipes that did, including this beauty of a pot lucksalad.
Taco salad with Doritos and Western Dressing
When I asked for the source of this beef taco salad, my friend Sue simply stated,
“Where all the best salad recipes come from, the church cookbook!”
The girl was not kidding.
I’m happy to pass this American classic on to you today, I think you’re going to enjoy it. It’s super easy to make and is great to feed a crowd.
Try this Dorito taco salad, it’s one of the best potluck salads you can make.
You can make just about anything for a potluck but if you are looking for some inspiration, take a look at a few of these potluck ideas:
What’s your favorite potluck dish? We would love to know! Thanks for reading Platter Talk and enjoy your next potluck, whatever the theme maybe! -Dan
Beef Taco Salad
- 1 lg ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 onion medium
- 10 oz black olives 1 can, drained and sliced
- 2 tomatoes small and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 15 oz western dressing 1 bottle
- 3 snack-size bags of Nacho flavored Doritos
- 1 head iceberg lettuce chopped into bite size pieces
- Brown ground beef with onion, drain and set aside. Then add taco seasoning and ½ the amount of water called for on the packet. Mix well.
- Chop lettuce into bite size pieces. Add beef mixture, tomatoes, black olives and cheese and mix well.
- Just before serving, add Western dressing and crushed Doritos, mix well and serve.