Let your slow cooker take care of dessert by making this Crock Pot Bread Pudding; a simple loaf of bread, some eggs, and a few other basic staples. Your whole family will love this crock pot dessert!
Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
We are a busy gang, with six kids coming and going, a house in town, one on the lake, and two parents who have full-time professions. That said, we have learned to embrace the convenience factor in many facets of our lives, including when it comes to preparing food and feeding our boys.
It’s no wonder we love good slow cooker recipes, and with great desserts like this one, I always have to ask why it is that we don’t put this kitchen power player to good use more often.
“…it’s fair to say that making dessert in a slow cooker just may be the way to go.”
How many times have we heard that simple is best?
Bread, eggs, and a slow cooker; throw in a few other goodies, and you’ve got a warm and wonderful dessert, all with minimal effort.
How could this be any better?!
Why We Love This Crock Pot Bread Pudding
- It’s easy with minimal effort and just a few everyday ingredients.
- Turn your slow cooker on and let it do to work for you.
- Throw a dollop of ice cream on this one, and it becomes a virtually perfect dessert.
We’ve made desserts in the crock pot before, and our readers have loved the results!
Our Slow Cooker Sticky Caramel Pumpkin Cake is one of the most viewed recipes on our site. Having been pinned over a quarter of a million times, it’s fair to say that making dessert in a slow cooker just may be the way to go!
When I served this bread pudding, our 11-year-old foodie son, Isaiah, asked, “What makes this a pudding?” I thought this was a great question and so we did a little research on the history of this sweet creation.
“Almost a thousand years later and this form of dessert is still going strong.”
It turns out, bread pudding dates all the way back to the 11th century, when frugal cooks looked for frugal ways to use stale and leftover bread instead of letting it go to waste.
Almost a thousand years later and this form of dessert is still going strong.
Our kids loved this one, their parents loved this one, and our little chihuahua, Buddy, was fantasizing about loving this one.
Get your slow cooker out of the cupboard and make this a reality.
You’re going to love it too. -Dan
Suggested Variations. of this Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
- Cinnamon Bread Pudding
- White Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Banana Bread Pudding
You get the idea! As with all recipes: Make. It. Your. Own!
Other Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes You Might Like:
- Easy Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes from Better Homes & Gardens
- 20 Easy Slow Cooker Desserts from Country Living
- 12 Slow Cooker Desserts from Southern Living
Crock Pot Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf bread cubed into 8 cups
- 2 cups cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup raisins or currents optional
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Pre-heat slow cooker to high setting.
- Place cubed bread in large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in medium size mixing bowl, whisk thoroughly.
- Pour liquid ingredients over bread cubes, stir until bread is completely coated.
- Transfer bread mixture into slow cooker, reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 3 hours or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
For added texture and enhanced floor, place cubed bread under broiler in oven until toasted.