Cinnamon Apple Pear Bread Pudding is a super-easy and equally delicious dessert recipe that anyone can make.
What is this?
We have a pretty big and active family, making it especially important for us to rely on efficiency and low cost when using our resources. This is particularly true in the kitchen.
Since starting Platter Talk, nearly three years ago, our boys have taken a keen interest in this family venture and have been featured in a number of posts while making their own recipes. This Cinnamon Apple Pear Bread Pudding Recipe is the perfect dessert to make with kids because it’s easy, it’s delicious, and it uses common stables that you likely have on hand.
We made bread pudding in the slow cooker, a while back. Today’s version of Cinnamon Apple Pear Bread Pudding Recipe offers more of a custard component, not a great deal unlike French toast. The cinnamon gives it a unique warmness, and the fresh apples and pears balance it out nicely. This dessert was a hit at our house and I think it will be at yours as well, especially during the cold months of winter. Hope you enjoy! -Dan
More favorite sweet treats
- Simple Bread & Cinnamon Bread Recipe
- Blueberry Bread with Ginger
- Our Best Banana Bread Recipe
- Orange Candied Ginger Bread
Cinnamon Apple Pear Bread Pudding Recipe
- Heat oven to 375º F.
- Butter a 9-inch square pan.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, sugar, butter, and salt until small bubbles form. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, then add the warm milk mixture in a slow stream, whisking constantly.
- Layer the square pan with the bread. Top with the apple and pears. Pour the milk-egg mixture into the baking pan and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Bake until golden, about 35 minutes. Serve warm.