Greek Yogurt Glazed Cinnamon Croissant Rolls - This past Sunday at our little cottage in Nowhere, Wisconsin Nate and Asher made a little piece of heaven (as they liked to call it). Our Platter Talk kids decided to take over the kitchen and make breakfast for their brothers and their dads. What they came up with was utterly delicious, Greek Yogurt Glazed Cinnamon Croissant Rolls. I am turning over the keyboard and letting them finish off this post. Take it away Nate and Asher........
What are they?
This morning we were bored, so we asked dad if we could make breakfast. He said "sure" and we both agreed to make breakfast for everyone. We thought that because we normally make cinnamon rolls we would try something new. We looked in the refrigerator and pantry to see what we had. We saw that we had croissants, so sticking with the cinnamon roll theme, we decided to make an easier version of a cinnamon roll, so we made Greek Yogurt Glazed Cinnamon Croissant Rolls.
The first thing that we made was the cinnamon sugar because that was a main part of the cinnamon roll. We used brown sugar, cinnamon and granulated sugar to make our filling. This would make them taste just like regular cinnamon rolls. We used the croissant rolls as dough. This made it easy to make and made a delicious morning treat. The cottage smelled heavenly as our Greek Yogurt Glazed Cinnamon Croissant Rolls baked.
You can't have cinnamon rolls without glaze, so we set out to work on our glaze while the Greek Yogurt Glazed Cinnamon Croissant Rolls baked in the oven. Using the ingredients that we had around the house, we decided to try using vanilla greek yogurt and powder sugar to make our glaze. Even though it sounds unusual, don't be fooled about the taste, because it tastes great!
Making these Greek Yogurt Glazed Cinnamon Croissant Rolls was fun and easy. Everyone in the cottage loved them and ate them all up. We will certainly make these Greek Yogurt Glazed Cinnamon Croissant Rolls again. You should definitely try making these rolls for your family. Thanks for reading our post. Hope you enjoy :). -Nate and Asher (The Platter Talk kids).
Greek Yogurt Glazed Cinnamon Croissant Rolls
- 5 tsp Granulated sugar
- 2-3 tsp Brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon to taste
- 5 tsp Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 4 tsp Powder sugar
- 2 tubes of butter flavored Croissant rolls
- 3 TBS melted butter
- Preheat oven according to Croissant roll instructions (ours said 375 degrees).
- Mix filling ingredients together in a small bowl set it aside.
- Open croissant package and unroll individual croissants on a flat surface.
- Brush melted butter on top of the croissants.
- Spoon cinnamon sugar on to the buttered surface.
- From the long end roll up croissants and place on an ungreased baking pan.
- Brush melted butter on top of the rolled croissants and sprinkle a little more cinnamon sugar on top.
- Place pan with croissants in preheated oven and cook for approximately 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While croissant rolls are baking mix yogurt and powder sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Once the croissant rolls are baked and cooled a little bit, spread glaze on top of them.
- Sprinkle more of the cinnamon sugar top of the glazed croissant rolls.