Learn how to make mini quiche. Roll out a store-bought pie crust, whisk up some eggs and make these your own, in minutes!
If you read our previous post on Korean-Style Steamed Eggs, you may recall how we came into a dozen beautiful farm-fresh eggs, thanks to a kind friend paying us a Sunday visit to our lake cottage, a week or so back. In my opinion, there’s nothing better than some good ole’ American fried eggs and toast although sometimes it’s fun to mix things up a bit, especially in the kitchen.
Although it seems we may be taking an international tour with these eggs, that wasn’t necessarily our intention. From Korea, our serendipitous egg journey make its next stop into the land of the Eiffel Tower and thus we are pleased to show you how to make mini quiche, Platter Talk style.
How to Make Mini Quiche
Why We Love This Recipe
- Fast and Easy
- Just a Few Ingredients
- Versatile, Great for Elegant or Casual
- Freeze the Leftovers and Reheat
When I hear the word quiche, as soon as my mouth stops watering, a few things come to mind. Eggs, savory flavors, pastry, brunch and of course French cuisine. It is indeed all these things and much more. Served in the form of an open-face pie, quiche is traditionally a mixture of eggs, cream, cheese, and savory additions.
Anyone who has ever strolled down the frozen aisle of the grocery store knows that any variety of commercially prepared frozen quiches can be picked up. We’ve used these on multiple occasions out of convenience. For an added personal and impressive touch, try this easy method of making your own quiches.
These are perfect for parties, showers, church and other social functions, and can be made with a few eggs, a frozen pie crust, and whatever additions you want to throw in the mix.
How to Make Mini Quiche
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 frozen pie crust rolled out.
filling option 1
- 1 cup fresh spinach stems removed and washed, coarse medium chop
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 cherry tomatoes halved.
filling option 2
- 1 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes coarse chop
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place ingredients of quiche base in large mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Add optional additions as listed above or create a combination of your choosing.
- Roll out pie crust on clean, lightly floured surface.
- Using either a muffin pan or mini muffin pan, find an appropriate size drinking glass, cookie or donut cutter and cut out rounds of pie crust for respective pans.
- Place cut out pastry in muffin pans and use teaspoon to fill cups.
- Place in oven for 20-30 minutes until quiche are set and crust is golden brown.