Sloppy Joe Mac and Cheese
on Sep 09, 2017, Updated Nov 21, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sloppy Joe Mac and Cheese is a delicious fusion of two American comfort food classics.
I have to be honest that when I first came across this idea for Sloppy Joe Mac and Cheese, I was not optimistic about the concept. In fact, upon first seeing this recipe, I quickly discounted it and flipped to a new page almost immediately.
I found myself giving a little more thought to the idea of combing a homemade sloppy Joe recipe with a mac and cheese recipe from scratch and I started to consider that perhaps these two American beauties could indeed coincide. Side by side and in the same pot, on the same plate and eventually intermingled on the same fork.
It seems that with age, I am growing more tolerant of ideas that don’t necessarily conform to traditional thought. I know what you’re thinking, big surprise coming from a guy who is married to another guy and with whom he is raising six kids.
Thinking outside of the box has been a great thing for my personal life and I happen to be of the opinion that there are some pretty happy and well adjusted kids in the picture too. Maybe this all played a part in my decision to try this Sloppy Joe Mac and Cheese recipe and maybe I just made it because after giving it some thought it sounded pretty good to me. In either case, I love it when I’m right.
It’s simple to make, you have the satisfaction of knowing exactly what ingredients are in it, and your family will love eating this meal for dinner. Now, you tell me what’s not to love about Sloppy Joe Mac and Cheese. Please, try this easy recipe soon. -Dan
Sloppy Joe Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 lb macaroni
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp chii powder
- 2 tbsp Worcetershire sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups tomatoes, crushed
- 1/4 cup flat leaf (Italian) parsley, chopped
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Prepare pasta as directed on box to al dente.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high setting. Add onion and saute until tender and translucent, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and stir for another minute.
- Add ground beef to onion and garlic mixture and stir to brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in chili powder, Worcetershire sauce, and brown sugar.
- Add crushed tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain pasta and add to skillet, over medium heat. Stir the sloppy Joe mixture in with the macaroni and add the parsley and half the cheese. Fold and stir together quickly then add remaining cheese to top of mixture.
- Cover skillet for a couple of minutes to allow cheese to melt and then garnish with additional parsley and serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Blue Cheese Wedge Salad Recipe from Bowl Me Over.
Lemon Blueberry Bars from A Dish of Daily Life