Summer Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips are a whole new way to enjoy salsa and the summer season too. Just for the record, this salsa recipe is delicious during any season!
We put this recipe for Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips together after being asked by a friend for some ideas for a salsa that she wanted to make for a boating event this summer. Specifically, she wanted to bring something that would maker her "the cool aunt." I have every confidence in the world that this summer fruit salsa will get here there, with flying colors. I love it when inspiration happens as a result of everyday conversations among friends, especially conversations centered around food.
The older I get, the more I like simple and easy, especially in the kitchen. This recipe for Summer Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Butter Tortilla Chips fits both criteria in the most delicious of manners. Although you can use your imagination for this salsa recipe, this is what it boils down to
- fresh strawberries
- naval orange
- fresh pineapple
- lemon juice
Besides being simple, easy and delicious, this recipe for Summer Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Butter Tortilla Chips is versatile. Use what you have on hand and/or what is in season. Chopped raspberries, cantaloupe, blueberries - you name it. The sky's the limit.
For the second part of this recipe, the chips are as easy to make as the salsa. For the chips, you only need:
If you don't want to make your own chips, you can easily pick up a bag of them in the store, although we recommend putting them together yourself. The flavor profile of these butter cinnamon tortilla chips is a wonderful compliment to the fresh fruit, and they're fun to make too.
Substitutions and variations
Alternatively, you can consider using chips of fresh summer produce, like zucchini, summer squash, cucumbers, and the like.
Make the most of the season and this recipe for Summer Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Butter Tortilla Chips today. -Dan
👨🍳 Tried this Recipe? Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below and leave a comment. We love hearing from our readers!
⏩ Stay in touch with us on social media by following us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
📬Get our Recipes delivered to your inbox for FREE!
Summer Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Butter Tortilla Chips
for the salsa
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries , washed, hulled and coarse chop
- 4 kiwi , peeled and coarse chop
- 1 cup fresh chopped pineapple
- 1 naval orange , peeled and coarse chop
- juice from ½ fresh lemon
- pinch sugar
for the chips
- 10 flour tortillas , (8 inch size)
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
for the salsa
- Using large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator while making chips.
for the chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon, mix well.
- Brush each tortilla with butter, then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Using pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly brown and crispy.