These Baked Pumpkin Donuts are a must try for the fall and holiday season.
Baked Pumpkin Donuts
The beautiful thing about this baked donut recipe is that you can make it your own.
Add whatever spices sound good to you.
- Pumpkin Spice
To this mixture we combine the usual baking suspects of flour, sugar, butter and a rising agent, baking powder.
This fall treat comes out of the oven instead of the deep fryer, saving you fat calories that you can use up by sneaking in just one more donut, should you choose.
You won’t be judged.
After the donuts come out of the oven, they are allowed to cool for a bit, removed from their pan and then dipped in butter and then dredged in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
What could be better?
As you can see from the above photo, we made a couple of mini donuts as well and then coated them in white powdered sugar for a yummy alternative coating.
These are the best donuts that I’ve ever made and I’m happy to report that when served to our weekend guests, they all had the same reaction.
This autumn season, be sure and try this recipe for baked pumpkin donuts.
They are incredibly delicious.
These Baked PumkinDonuts are tailor-made to dunk in your beverage of choice, we strongly suggest a cup of hot java or a glass of cold milk. Either
does the trick quite nicely!
Baked Pumpkin Donuts
For the Donuts
For the Coating
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F and apply a coating of non-stick baking spray to a donut pan.
- Using a medium size mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the donuts and use a fork to mix thoroughly.
- Use a spoon to transfer batter to the donut baking pan, evenly distributing it between six donut forms. Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, after inserting it.
- Allow to cool about 15 minutes on cooling wrack. Meanwhile, prepare coating by melting butter in a bowl large enough to accommodate a donut. In separate bowl of same size, combine sugar and cinnamon for the coating process as well.
- Remove donuts from pan and dip in butter, allow to drip for a minute and then roll in sugar and cinnamon mixture. Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk.