These Baked Pumpkin Donuts are a must try for the fall and holiday season
Baked Pumpkin Donuts
Each season a group of food bloggerss gets together and they are secretly assigned to recreate a recipe of another member. This fall, we were told that our match was with Mildly Meandering. a site that is operated by Madi, a young lady who is making great strides on her journey throughout the online food kingdom.
We are a family who loves us our pumpkin recipes and also our donuts, With that little character trait of our family in mind, it was easy to chose one of our favorite recipes from our assigned site, Madi’s Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts.
As we do with most of our Freaky Friday assignments, we made this one our own, but for the most part we follow the same recipe as Madi’s original. We put together a group of spices that include.
To this mixture we combine the usual baking suspects of flour, sugar, butter and a rising agent, baking powder.
This fall treat comes out of the oven instead of the deep fryer, saving you fat calories that you can use up by sneaking in just one more donut, should you choose. You won’t be judged. After the donuts come out of the oven, they are allowed to cool for a bit, removed from their pan and then dipped in butter and then dredged in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. What could be better?
As you can see from the above photo, we made a couple of mini donuts as well and then coated them in white powdered sugar for a yummy alternative coating. These are the best donuts that I’ve ever made and I’m happy to report that when served to our weekend guests, they all had the same reaction. This autumn season, be sure and try this recipe for baked pumpkin donuts. They are incredibly delicious.
These Baked Pumkin Donuts are tailor-made to dunk in your beverage of choice, we strongly suggest a cup of hot java or a glass of cold milk. Either does the trick quite nicely!
> Don’t miss our food video showing just how easy this recipe is to make!
Baked Pumpkin Donuts
For the Donuts
For the Coating
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F and apply a coating of non-stick baking spray to a donut pan.
- Using a medium size mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the donuts and use a fork to mix thoroughly.
- Use a spoon to transfer batter to the donut baking pan, evenly distributing it between six donut forms. Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, after inserting it.
- Allow to cool about 15 minutes on cooling wrack. Meanwhile, prepare coating by melting butter in a bowl large enough to accommodate a donut. In separate bowl of same size, combine sugar and cinnamon for the coating process as well.
- Remove donuts from pan and dip in butter, allow to drip for a minute and then roll in sugar and cinnamon mixture. Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk.
The Complete Freaky Friday Fall 2017 Edition!