Chicken Ramen Noodles
on Apr 20, 2017, Updated Jan 01, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Ramen Noodles recipe is a fortified home fast food transformed into a genuine family meal, with just a little tweaking on your part.
Read on and I’ll show you how to make on of our family’s favorite chicken recipes!
Table of Contents
About This Chicken Ramen Noodle Recipe
You don’t need kids to appreciate the appeal of this recipe for Chicken Ramen Noodles.
Who among us has not gone through at least a brief era of living on ramen noodles within our lifetime?
Maybe it was in college, maybe it was growing up, and maybe it’s still a once in a while food that you go to. If nothing else, this simple chicken ramen recipe has been a segue to more lively versions like this chili chicken ramen.
We modeled part of this chicken ramen noodles recipe after our Oven-Fried Buttermilk Chicken, by starting it in a frying pan and finishing it in a hot oven. You can also cook diced chicken, season it and then use it for this recipe.
We took a skinless and boneless chicken breast and then using standard breading procedure we dredged the chicken in flour, egg, and bread crumbs.
Next, the chicken breast spent a quick stint in a skillet with hot oil atop the stove and then was finally finished off in the oven.
No chicken in the house or you don’t care for chicken? No need to fret.
Variations and substitutions
- Shrimp or other seafood
- Roast peppers or other veggies
As a little background on how this recipe for Chicken Ramen Noodles came about, I took the four youngest of our gang of six boys to the grand opening of an Aldi grocery store in our hometown.
Feeling especially charitable, I promised to each of the boys a treat for helping me out.
What kid would pick out ramen noodles for a treat? One of ours is that kid.
At the time I had no plans of any sort for the ramen noodles he picked out.
Then, I saw the beautiful chicken in that brand new grocery store: skinless breasts and beautiful kid-friendly drumsticks.
I picked up a package of both.
Adding the chicken allowed me to dress up a basic package of ramen noodles, both in appearance and in nutrition. I cooked this up on a leisurely weekend afternoon at our quiet lake oasis while in the company of a good friend who was visiting.
Check out this piece from Delish, featuring a bunch of instant ramen noodles recipes.
The boys enjoyed this lunch snack immensely, savoring both the treat of the ramen noodles along with the flavorful additions we made to turn this snack into a legitimate meal.
Give it a try sometime and see for yourself just how good simple can taste.
👨🍳 Tried this Recipe? Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below and leave a comment. We love hearing from our readers!
⏩ Stay in touch with us on social media by following us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
📬Get our Recipes delivered to your inbox for FREE!
Chicken Ramen Noodles
- 2 8 oz chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 4 packets ramen noodles, instant variety (3 oz. each)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Prepare to dredge the chicken breasts by placing the flour, egg, and bread crumbs in separate bowls. Next, using standard breading procedure, dredge one chicken breast in the flour, then dip it in the egg bowl. After allowing the egg wash to drip “clean”, dredge the chicken in the bread crumbs. Repeat process with other chicken breast and set aside.
- Using a large oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Place both chicken breasts in the hot oil and brown each side for about five minutes. After browning the chicken on the stove top, place the skillet in hot oven for 30 minutes (or until chicken is done.)
- When the chicken is done, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Next, prepare the ramen noodles as directed on package. Then, in a large bowl, mix all of the ramen noodles together along with the packets’ seasoning. Cut chicken into 1/2″ cubes, toss into bowl with the prepared ramen noodles and stir in grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.