I jumped on the chocolate-hazelnut wagon late in life, and in all honesty, without full conviction. I have to say though, that judging by the number of recipes I have seen floating around the web, I am in the far minority. There are recipes for nutella cookies, brownies, cakes, and I would hazard to guess – even facial creams. I’m not sure how it happened but somehow I landed on the Jiff website and came across a recipe that I wasn’t able to get off my mind. I decided to get out he measuring cups and mixing bowls and find out what all the hype was about. Now, I get it.
These babies have chocolate, lots of chocolate – in multiple forms. There is white chocolate, there is semi-sweet chocolate, there are chocolate graham crackers, and then there is the chocolate hazelnut.
Then, there are nuts, some of the best friends of any chocolate. To ensure the bases in the nut department are well covered, there are roasted nuts, crunchy peanut butter, and then once again, chocolate hazelnut spread.
In addition to some of my favorite flavors on Earth, there are other wonderful things about these bars. There is no baking involved. There is little mess. And they are out of this world in the taste department.
These are perfect for a variety of purposes. School parties, work functions, fancy showers, and just plain old treats at home.
Give these bars a try, let me know what you think. My colleagues are getting the leftovers from this batch, in the morning. I have a feeling I’m going to be one of the more appreciated members of my team tomorrow…
Never Miss Another Platter Talk Recipe
Chocolate Hazelnut Candy Bars
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 8 oz white baking chocolate or 1 cup white chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Using foil, line the bottom of a 9"x9" baking pan, extend the foil over the edges.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and chocolate hazelnut spread with melted butter in a mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly together then using spatula, transfer to pan and distribute evenly.
- Melt white chocolate and peanut butter together until completely soft and blended.
- Spread evenly over graham cracker and butter mixture
- Evenly distribute peanuts and chocolate chips over peanut butter and white chocolate mixture.
- Chill 1 hour or until firm
- Remove from pan by lifting foil.
- Cut into desired size portions.