My friend Brandi, from Aunt Bee’s Recipes, describes herself as a southern wife, mom, and aunt that loves to cook and try new recipes. She may be all that, but I’d like to also add that she is just about one of the sweetest ladies in the blogsphere that I have come across, with a contagious energy and feel about her that just makes you want to see what she’s got cooking. One look at this post and any of the others on her site and it quickly becomes apparent that energy and talent carry over to the kitchen. Before we continue with this feature of Smoked Sausage Penne Alfredo from her, I thought it would be fun to ask Brandi a few questions.
Smoked Sausage Penne Alfredo
From Aunt Bee’s Recipes
Platter Talk: Brandi, Why did you start food blogging?
Aunt Bee: I have been reading food blogs for years and have always said I would start my own ‘one day, when I had enough time’. Well, last summer a really good friend that loves my cooking asked me if I would show her how to cook and menu plan. I started typing up my recipes out of my head and before I knew it, I had over 200! Showing her how to cook and menu plan was SO rewarding to me! That was just the push I needed to start my blog!
Platter Talk: What are your goals as a food blogger?
Aunt Bee: For now, this is just a really fun hobby for me. But I hope to keep learning and perfecting more and more recipes and techniques and keep improving my food photography….. and then…. who knows? 😉
Platter Talk: What kind of camera do you use?
Aunt Bee: Nikon D60
Platter Talk: What is your favorite food?
Aunt Bee: Anything grilled, my Daddy’s steak in particular 🙂
Platter Talk: What are some of your signature dishes? (Note to reader: links provided,)
Aunt Bee: Spaghetti and Meatballs, Hash-brown casserole, Chicken Salad, Company Meatloaf, Granny’s Green Beans, Heath Bar Blondies
Please take out your napkins, pour a yourself a big ole’ glass of sweetened ice tea, and welcome Brandi, from Aunt Bee’s Recipes!
Hi everyone, I am Aunt Bee from www.auntbeesrecipes.com, and I am so beyond thrilled to be writing a guest post for Platter Talk! I am such a huge fan! When my husband and I first got married, I didn’t even know how to boil water, but I quickly figured out that a way to a southern man’s heart, was through his belly! I started reading food blogs and watching cooking shows and scouring the Internet for all things food! I eventually learned to cook well enough that people were asking ME for MY recipes and somewhere along the way I absolutely fell in LOVE with cooking and menu planning and grocery shopping and everything in between! I have a cookbook collection that would rival a small public library’s and I love to pour over them, page by page, recipe by recipe! I am like a kid on Christmas morning when I try a new recipe!
The recipe I am sharing with you all today is one of our recent favorites! It is a little on the heavier side, so I would just serve it with a light, green salad and a big ol’ glass of Ice Cold Sweet Tea!
<3 Aunt Bee
Never Miss Another Platter Talk Recipe
Smoked Sausage Penne Alfredo
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Thinly Sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Thinly Sliced
- 1 lb Smoked Sausage sliced (We use Hillshire Farm)
- 6 TBSP Butter
- 1 Shallot minced
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese The kind in the can works best instead of freshly grated
- 1 tsp Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- Parsley for garnish
- 12 oz Penne Noodles Cooked al dente with 1/4 cup pasta water reserved for sauce
- Heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- After skillet is hot, add Bell peppers and onion and let them sit for 1 minute without stirring, then turn them over and cook the other side for 1 minute. You want them to get a little bit of char on them, Brown food tastes good 🙂
- Add the smoked sausage to the peppers and onion and brown it. Stirring as little as necessary.
- After the sausage, onions and peppers are finished cooking, set the pan to the side.
- Prepare your noodles to al dente, according to package directions.
- Save out 1/4 cup of your pasta water to use in the alfredo sauce. W
- While noodles are cooking, start your alfredo sauce.
- Melt 6 TBSP butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and saute until tender.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring often, until sauce has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, creole seasoning and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water.
- Remove from heat.
- Toss noodles with Alfredo sauce and top with reserved Smoked Sausage, Peppers and Onions.
- Garnish with Parsley and ENJOY!
– See more at: https://www.plattertalk.com/2014/03/garlic-sutffed-artichokes.html#sthash.GfBhxIyD.dpuf