Peppermint Patty Drink
Our boys spent Saturday afternoon out on the frozen lake today, slippin' and a sliding', paying visits to the ice fishermen, and reveling in the winter day. When they returned to the inside of the cottage an hour or so later, I had four cups of hot chocolate waiting for them, and this Peppermint Patty Drink for their dad.
This Peppermint Patty Drink isn't just a Christmas Hot Chocolate!
The Peppermint Patty Drink is a Peppermint Schnapps Recipe
In case you're not familiar with this hot chocolate drink with peppermint schnapps, it can also be fortified with a little liqueur. Creme de menthe always tastes great in a peppermint patty recipe, or you can use a similar liqueur-like I do here with some white chocolate liqueur. At our little cottage in the middle of nowhere, Wisconsin, I tend to use what we have on hand. This hot cocoa cocktail is even warming and delicious with just a little peppermint schnapps and nothing else!
Predicted highs for the next couple of days are below zero with lows between 15 and 25 below zero and wind chills of 50 below. As of Saturday evening, schools had already canceled classes on Monday and people are flocking to grocery stores for food and supplies to get them through this arctic blast. I'm thinking that maybe this dad needs to stock up on his supply of peppermint schnapps.
This cold weather hot chocolate cocktail is perfect for the winter season. Chocolatey with a hint of mint, the peppermint patty warms your body and your spirit.
- Pre-warm your mug with some hot water. Your peppermint patty will stay hotter longer.
- Make this peppermint patty recipe ahead of time and keep it in the fridge. Stir it up and reheat it in the microwave when ready to drink.
- This tastes good in warm weather too. Mix up a batch, chill it down in the fridge and serve it cold, in a martini glass.
- Use whatever flavored liqueurs you have on hand when making this peppermint patty drink.
- What's the difference between "Liquor" and "Liqueur" from A Bar Above
- Liqueurs and Cordials Guide from VinePair
- The Liqueur Guide from Gentleman's Gazette
Peppermint Patty Recipe
- 8 oz hot water
- 1 envelope of hot chocolate mix
- 1 oz peppermint schnapps
- 1 oz chocolate liqueur
- Combine all ingredients in large coffee mug
White chocolate Irish cream
Crème de menthe