Mushroom Omelette Recipe
This Mushroom Omelette Recipe with Microgreens is a simple and all natural meal, perfect for summer and ideal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Mushroom Omelette Recipe with Microgreens
Those who know me best are aware of my many oddities. One that I haven’t shared with anyone else though has been my long-time fascination with microgreens. These are the first shoots of plants that pack great flavor and are more nutritious by weight than their full size counterparts. Tiny and edible greens that add beauty and flavor to dishes, microgreens have effectively remained elusive to me, up until recently.
Imagine my delight when I discovered a new urban farming operation right in our backyard, Grow Local. I was even more excited to learn of their subscription available, year round. This week we received our first box of microgreens, mushrooms, and some beautiful dark green and leafy Swiss chard. Having never cooked with these green little sprouts, this mushroom omelette with microgreens seemed like a good place to start. Basic and easy, you won’t find any processed additives in this dish that is good for any meal of the day.
This mushroom omelette recipe with microgreens was the first thing we’ve made using this type of produce, may I just say it won’t be our last. We plan on featuring many more dishes from the bounty available at Grow Local and I have a feeling it’s all going to be fresh and delicious. If you’re local to the fox valley region of Wisconsin, do yourself a favor and check out this operation located in Neenah. If you’re from elsewhere, farmer’s markets are a good place to find this type of produce; you’ll be amazed at what too can do with microgreens. Get your fresh on and Grow Local. -Dan
Never Miss Another Platter Talk Recipe
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 handful fresh microgreens plus more for garnsih
- 1/4 lb 110 g edible mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Brush mushroom with olive oil and grill, turning every couple of minutes, for 4-5 minutes. Allow to cool, chop coarsely and set aside.
- In large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl and add to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until large curds form, 3-4 minutes, then gently stir until eggs are almost set.
- Using a rubber spatula, pat eggs into an even layer.
- Add microgreens and musrhooms to top of one half of omelette.
- Slide half the omelette onto a plate and using spatula, fold remaining omelet over the filling; garnish with additional micrgreensl.
Musrhoom Omelette with Microgreens