Orange Chocolate Ribbon Cookies offer a refreshing alternative to traditional chocolate chip cookies. Soft and chewy, these cookies contain mellow tones of orange, gently enveloped within ribbons of Ghiradelli bittersweet chocolate.
Orange Chocolate Ribbon Cookies
We’ve featured the special relationship between peaches and blueberries quite a bit, lately. To show you that they’re not the only set of common foods and ingredients that get along very nicely together, we give to you chocolate and oranges.
These Orange Chocolate Ribbon Cookies are tasty examples of less becoming more. In this case, taste. Tiny shards of orange peel, along with just a bit of juice and some thinly shaved chocolate are all combined for a tasty cookie dessert or treat.
As I was pulling these Orange Chocolate Ribbon Cookies out of the oven and transferring them to the cooling rack, one of the boys found his way into the kitchen and asked if I was looking for a taste tester. Before I knew it, the rest of our troop followed. Before long, a cold jug of milk was placed on the counter and once again, another classic set of food friends came together, milk and cookies. Milk and Orange Chocolate Ribbon Cookies. Try these, you’re going to love them. -Dan
Never Miss Another Platter Talk Recipe
Chocolate Laced Orange Zest Cookies
- 1/4 cup 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- zest and juice from 1/2 fresh orange
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 oz 113 bittersweet chocolate (60% cacao)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In bowl of mixer stand, combine butter and brown sugar, mix on low until well creamed.
- Add vanilla and egg, mix about another minute, scraping bowl with soft rubber spatula to ensure egg is well incorporated into dough.
- Add zest and juice of orange along with chocolate shavings. Mix briefly.
- In separate bowl combine flour and baking soda, stir together.
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients in stand mixer.
- Mix on low speed until ingredients are thoroughly combined, about 1 minute.
- Use tablespoon to scoop cookie dough o baking sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.