Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies are a fun and easy cookie to make with your kids. Or, your kids can put these together and you can observe. That’s how these colorful and tasty cookies came about just a day or so ago. Our twins came home from school one day, toting a library-borrowed cookbook in hand, with one thing on their 10-years old minds: Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
We put these Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies together as a team, although Nate and Asher did all of the preparation and baking. I wanted to let them write about their cookies and so without further ado, I turned the keyboard over to them.
Asher: One day I was looking for a book at the library. I came across a Cookies & Treats cookbook. Why not check it out I said to myself. I thought I could make a recipe from that book. I looked in the book and I found this recipe. These cookies will put a smile on your face.
Nate: So then we went home and said ”Dan, Dan! ” we have to make these cookies. Then, Dan took a look at the recipe and said okay and then we started to make the cookies.
There you have it. Out of the mouths of babes The boys modified the recipe in the book and these Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies were the result.
Throughout, we talked about basic baking principles, how to measure and level ingredients, how to use fractions when some of the measuring cups were missing, and safety in the kitchen. Mostly, we had fun. And then of course, along with some milk, we had some cookies. Some Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies.
- 1 Stick butter softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup peanut butter (crunchy)
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1⅓ cups Reese's Pieces candy
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Beat butter, sugar and peanut butter in medium bowl until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, blend well. Stir in Reese's pieces. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookies sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Cool 1 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies