3 Ingredient Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies – If you know our family, you know we have a bunch of kids – all boys, and they all like to cook. And bake. And eat. Once again, we thought it would be fun to have the Platter Talk Kids put something together. These 3 Ingredient Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies seem to fit the bill, deliciously.
3 Ingredient Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
We’ve featured our boys in a number of posts, in the past. I came across these 3 Ingredient Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies while working on a piece for Mode Media, Easy Recipes to Start Your Kids Cooking at an Early Age.
I’m declaring these 3 Ingredient Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies a miracle cookie. They are simple enough for a kid to make and truly, perfectly wonderful, all with just 3 ingredients! (OK, the boys added a cap full of vanilla extract.) Like all recipes, make it your own!
It’s not necessary to be a kid, to make these 3 Ingredient Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies. It is definitely not necessary to be a kid to enjoy them. How can such a cookie not be a miracle? Enjoy this one! -Dan
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir the ingredients together until smooth.
- Scoop onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. (Roll into 1" balls with your hands, if you do not have a scoop.)
- Press down with the back of a fork and then press again from the opposite direction, to form the criss-cross pattern on top
- Bake for 12 minutes and allow to rest on baking sheet, 1 to 2 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.