Lemon Crunch Buddies
on Aug 22, 2014, Updated Apr 07, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This lemon chex mix is one of our favorite lemon recipes.
What is this?
I would love to say that I don’t like to snack. That would be a blatant untruth.
We get all sorts of requests here on Platter Talk. Some people ask for quinoa recipes. Some want specific cakes, others ask for things on the grill. When I was asked to put some snack ideas together, as odd as this sounds, I was at a loss for what to make.
Like almost all of my “recipe blocks” (as seldom as they may be) this one lasted for only a very short time. Indeed, I found one that has only a few ingredients, uses things that are all common to our pantry and includes no fewer than two of my favorite things on earth: Chocolate and lemons.
Because this was an easy, and in all likelihood, because this was a designated snack recipe, our sixth-grader Joe volunteered to be my most eager of assistants. To both son and dad’s delight, this little snack recipe was a hit. Give these crunchy little treats a try; they’re sure to please the snack lover in all of you. Happy crunching and happy summer. -Dan.
See more snack ideas from Platter Talk.
👨🍳 Tried this Recipe? Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below and leave a comment. We love hearing from our readers!
⏩ Stay in touch with us on social media by following us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
📬Get our Recipes delivered to your inbox for FREE!
Lemon Crunch Buddies
- 7 cups square rice cereal, such as chex mix, etc. We use Festival brand Rice Crunch Buddies.
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate baking bits or chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In large mixing bowl add cereal pieces
- In small sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter and chocolate together, stir in lemon juice and 1/2 of lemon zest, reserve remaining zest.
- Pour chocolate and butter mixture over cereal, mix gently with rubber spatula.
- Add powdered sugar and continue to gently mix until cereal is well covered.
- Serve and garnish with remaining lemon zest.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.