Boston Cream Cake Recipe – If you’re looking for a super-simple and super-delicious dessert recipe this Boston Cream Cake is your ticket to a chocolate dreamy bliss.
What is this?
Like many of you reading this, we are a busy family of two working parents and a handful of kids who love to eat. Kitchen shortcuts are a treasure to us and although there just don’t seem to be enough of them, once in a while we stumble across one.
Yes, this Boston Cream Cake Recipe uses a few short cuts but we are not apologizing. In much the same way, there were no apologies from our kids when they cleaned up every last crumb of this beauty. Some shortcuts are definitely worth it.
How to make it
- Make a pound cake mix from a box, using a loaf pan.
- Slice the cake in half, lengthwise, and spread a thick layer of vanilla pudding on top of bottom piece.
- Place top of cake on layer of pudding.
- Make a ganache using heavy cream and chocolate chips.
- Pour ganache over the cake.
- Grab a fork and a cold glass of milk.
Generally, when it comes to food, I’m pretty much a purist at heart and especially when it comes to baking. We make plenty of cakes from scratch but every once in a while, we might just take an easy and delicious shortcut. Have a taste of this Boston Cream Cake Recipe and I think you will understand perfectly.
Other delicious cake recipes
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake
- Coconut Carrot Cake
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Cannoli Poke Cake Recipe on Platter Talk
Boston Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 pound cake box or store-bough
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Prepare pound cake as directed. If frozen, defrost and thaw.
- Make pudding in a large bowl using milk and pudding mix, as directed on box.
- Use serrated knife to slice pound cake in half lengthwise. Then spread a thick layer of vanilla pudding on top (you may have some leftover.) Place top of cake on top of pudding.
- Make ganache by heating heavy cream in sauce pan until it just begins to bubble. Add chocolate chips and stir until smooth and well-blended, about 3 minutes.
- Pour ganache over cake and then place cake in fridge to allow it to harden. Slice and serve.