Creamy Lemon & Parmesan Noodles make for a simple yet luxurious meal that is fast, easy and affordable. Let’s not to forget one additional and important attribute attribute: delicious.
I found my inspiration for these Creamy Lemon & Parmesan Noodles in the New York Times. Billed as being astonishingly delicious and surprisingly easy to make, this dish proved to be all that and more. Elements of lemon, crushed black pepper and Parmesan all coalesce into a creamy base which serves to coat the whole grain Amish noodles that I used for this recipes.
It’s not necessary to serve these Creamy Lemon & Parmesan Noodles with anything. I picked up a beautiful roasting hen this weekend which I already had on our Sunday menu. Why not combine the two, I thought. As it turns out, this is pretty much a match made in food heaven. Our boys loved the noodles, the chicken, and the entire meal. Give these a try and please let me know your thoughts. -Dan
Never Miss Another Platter Talk Recipe
Creamy Lemon & Parmesan Noodles
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons; zest cut in very thin strips 1 inch long
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles, and stir to separate. Cook for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain, then return to the cooking pot.
- Just before noodles are done, in a small saucepan combine the lemon zest, cream, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until cream comes to a boil.
- Pour cream mixture over drained noodles, and add the lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Stir to coat. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until all the liquid is absorbed, about 1 to 2 minutes. Garnish with additional Parmesan and/or lemon zest if desired.