It's not quite Halloween but you would not know it, given all the orange that is everywhere. Throughout the countryside, on farm wagons, on front porches and of course at the farmer's markets it seems that pumpkinmania is in full bloom.
Not ones to every want to be left behind, we decided to join the party and start getting our pumpkin on too. With a gaggle of boys, 2 dogs, 2 working dads and all that goes on and in between with all of the above, easy is often key.
Enter: Easy Pumpkin Bread. I used one bowl to combine all the ingredients, mixed them up with a table fork, then poured them into my favorite loaf pan. Although the pan is blue (not exactly a Halloween color) it is my favorite color and in my opinion made this pumpkin bread taste even better.
Treat yourself, your better half, your kids, your students, your parents, neighbors and friends to some of this pumpkin bread. It's too delicious and too easy to keep this one a secret. Besides, you might just get an extra share of someone's Halloween spoils for sharing a piece or two of this pumpkin bread.
Easy Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Apply non-stick spray to 9"x5" loaf pan.
- Using large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly by by hand using a table fork.
- Using soft spatula, scrape contents of bowl into loaf pan.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes, until toothpick comes clean when inserted into center,
- Allow to cool in pan, on wire rack, for 10 minutes before slicking and serving.