Saturday mornings always come quickly and if you’re looking for a simple and to feed your early morning weekend gang, this easy breakfast quiche recipe is just the ticket. Make this hash brown quiche and take time for that second cup of coffee, after all it is the weekend!
What is this?
I feel that some of my best recipes come from when we are spending time at our little cottage in the middle of Nowhere Wisconsin. I am not certain why. I think that it is the challenge of using what we have on hand there, and most times it’s not a lot.
This past weekend was the first time in a long time that we were at our cottage. Because of this, we literally had nothing on hand. On the way up, I stopped at the gas station and ran inside to do a quick shop. When I saw that they had a package of hash browns and eggs, I knew immediately what I was going to make for breakfast, this hash brown quiche with bacon.
This easy breakfast quiche recipe can be made for about $10
When I saw that they had a package of hash browns and eggs, I knew immediately what I was going to make for breakfast, this hash brown quiche with bacon. After getting some other staples like cheese, butter and milk, I drove up the rest of the way thinking about how I was going to put this together
Although we add bacon to this fast and easy breakfast idea, use your imagination and go with your own taste! Your taste buds and refrigerator are the limits of what you can add to this gluten-free quiche. Here are just a few possibilities:
- Goat cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
I assembled all of my ingredients and called Dan into the kitchen. After telling him what I was thinking, he ran and got his phone and started taking pictures. (No fancy camera this weekend!) This is scary sometimes because you don’t know how the recipe will turn out. However, I had a good feeling about this easy breakfast quiche.
The butter and hash brown crust make this a gluten-free quiche
- Healthy Breakfast Ideas: 34 Simple Meals for Busy Mornings
- Crescent Bacon Breakfast Ring – Jo Cooks
- 125 Easy Breakfast Recipes – Best Breakfast Ideas
- 10 Weekend Breakfast Recipes With 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- 97 Brunch Recipes to Make This Weekend
Other breakfast recipes you’ll love
- Green Eggs and Ham (Ham and Egg Scramble with Chives)
- Avocado Breakfast Sandwich
- Ham and Cheese Cornmeal Morning Muffins
Hash Brown Quiche with Bacon
- 1 lb hash browns pre-packaged
- ½ stick butter melted
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese chedar
- 6 oz bacon baked/fried drained and crumbled
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp lowerys seasoned salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Place the hash browns in a mixing bowl and using paper towel, blot out excess liquid. Pour melted butter over hash browns and then stir well to incorporate the butter. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom and sides of 9" pie plate to form the crust. Place in oven on center rack for 25 minutes or until crust begins to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350° F.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk and then combine remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Pour the egg mixture into the hash brown crust and place into 350° oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until quiche is set and golden. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.