Looking for a light but delicious breakfast to jump-start your day?
This cast iron quiche offers a flavorful and nutritious meal, perfect for the height of summer.
It’s little wonder that so many of you have told us this is the best crustless vegetable quiche recipe out there!
About this recipe
It’s the best crustless quiche recipe out there
You can see from the photos above that I was able to use one of my favorite kitchen tools to make this light and healthy quiche recipe, the timeless and versatile cast iron skillet.
My original intention was to bake this quiche in a pie dish but as you can see it stayed in the same vessel from which it started.
I love putting this skillet to good use, especially at our small, rustic lake cottage.
Use your skillet and turn this into a cast iron quiche!
There is no flour in this dish and in fact, there is no grain at all in this cast iron quiche.
If you are following a gluten free diet, this is a fantastic dish. If you are not following a gluten free diet, this is a fantastic dish. Either way, it’s one of the best crustless quiche recipes you will find.
The beautiful thing about this crustless vegetable quiche recipe is that you can make it your own.
Other than eggs and cheese, the primary ingredients are composed of what you have on hand.
We’ve been getting some fantastic aquaponics produce all summer long from our good friends and urban farmers over at Grow Local, here in our little Wisconsin town of Neenah.
See more aquaponic recipes from Platter Talk.
We are knee-deep in summer but there’s plenty of time to check out your local farmer’s market and pick up some fresh produce.
Or, grab some from your garden.
Give this crustless vegetable quiche recipe a try.
It’s a versatile, fresh, and healthy celebration of the very best of summer. -Dan
Here are a few of our favorite quiche recipes!
Looking for more healthy breakfast ideas? Try our Ful Medames (Stewed Fava Beans).
Other brunch ideas
Crustless Vegetable Quiche Recipe
- 2 cups Swiss chard , thick stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms sliced thin
- 1/2/ cup leeks sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese of your choice we used Fontina
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes washed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat
- Sautee chard for 5 minutes until tender, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Repeat saute process for mushrooms and leeks, separately.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk eggs then add milk, cheese, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Combine sauteed vegetables with egg mixture, blend well.
- Return entire mixture to skillet and evenly distribute tomatoes on top.
- Place quiche in oven and bake for 40 minutes or until firmly set.
- Serve immediately.
Originally published on June 30, 2015