This Blueberry Cantaloupe Bowl is a fast and easy clean eating breakfast idea that works for any season. Summer is finally here and although I can’t say or write these words too many times. Read on for one of the best breakfast recipes for any season.
Start Your Day with a Clean Eating Breakfast
The brighter skies and greener grass bring with them produce bins full of fresh fruits and berries, themselves brimming with a freshness and color that can’t be found in our winter months. As an almost knee-jerk reaction, I fill my carts and refrigerator shelves with this produce, taking advantage of the season of radiance.
Easy Clean Eating Recipes Starts in Your Refrigerator
It is with our refrigerator shelves and bins near over-capacity that I scratch my bald head and ask, “What can I do with that? And that?” That and that, of course, happen to be a beautiful and round cantaloupe and a quart of adult-size and luscious appearing blueberries.
Cinnamon Can be Good for You
Opening the rustic kitchen cabinets of our cottage kitchen, I spy some of my favorite flavorings and seasonings, but it’s the cinnamon that catches my eye. As it turns out, cinnamon not only adds a nice warm taste to clean eating recipes, it can actually be good for you.
Benefits of Cinnamon
- Cinnamon can lower blood pressure in people with diabetes.
- Cinnamon is high in anitoxidants.
- Cinnamon is a natural anit-inflammatory.
- Cinnamon can help lower your chances of heart disease.
- Cinnamon lowers blood sugar and has an anti-diabetic effect.
I do a once-over looking for some honey but there is none to be found. “Who needs honey?” I ask myself, remembering the just opened quart of real maple syrup nestled away somewhere toward the bottom of our fridge. “Let’s just see how well these kids get along…” The answer was of course, quite nicely.
As I discovered, this clean eating breakfast bowl is a fantastic start to a cottage week with the boys. It’s a time when we slip together into the first weeks of June and the start of their summer vacation, and into a boy’s world of memories that are no doubt, in the making.
Other great Cantaloupe Recipes:
Blueberry Cantaloupe Breakfast Bowl Recipe
This clean eating breakfast idea uses just a handful of common but health ingredients.
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 quart fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Slice cantaloupe in half, remove seeds and stringy insides.
- Cube into 1 inch squares.
- Wash and rinse blue berries.
- Combine cantaloupe and berries in medium size mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently mix together.
- Serve and savor.
Updated from original post of June 14, 2013.