New York Keto Cheesecake is a decadent low carb cheesecake that anyone can enjoy.
You don't have to tell them that this is a keto dessert, they won't ever know the difference!
What is this?
You bake the base of this low carb New York cheesecake as we will show you in a bit.
Then, make it your own by adorning it with the keto toppings of your choice!
How to make it
You're going to make the base of this sugar-free cheesecake and filling in two separate steps.
Now, its time to roll up your sleeves and have some keto fun!
Make the base
1. Start by mixing the dry ingredients, as shown above.
2. Use chunks of cold butter and quickly press them into the dry ingredients, using a couple of forks.
- Alternatively, pulse them together with a food processor.
3. Prepare a springform pan as instructed in the recipe below, add the base mixture and allow it to set in a cold fridge while your oven is pre-heating.
Make the filling
While the base is setting up in your cold refrigerator, you can preheat the oven and get ready to make the filling for this keto cheesecake recipe.
4. Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla extract, erythritol and lemon zest, in a large mixing bowl.
- Be sure to use full-fat cream cheese and sour cream.
- Remember, keto is high fat, low carbs!
5. Add the eggs one at a time, as the mixture starts to thicken.
- The eggs will give this keto cheesecake a beautiful rise, but they may cause some cracking.
- This is one of the reasons God made cream and berries and the like, to fill those cracks!
Remove the base from the refrigerator as instructed in the recipe below, and then
6. Use a sieve to strain the cream cheese filling before adding it to the base.
- This will ensure you don't end up with a clumpy cheesecake filling.
You are going to bake this keto cheesecake in a water bath, which will help prevent the top from cracking. Glorious Eats does a great job of going into more detail about how to use a water bath for baking cheesecakes.
Then, when the cheesecake is finished baking, you will allow it to stay on the oven rack with the oven turned off and the door open.
This will also help prevent the top from cracking.
Keep the toppings for your keto dessert to a minimum.
One or two of your favorite keto-friendly toppings is all it takes to fall in love with this sugar-free cheesecake, and fewer ingredients mean less work for you.Sugar-free chocolate chips
Thanks for reading Platter Talk, it means the world to us.
👨🍳 Tried this Recipe? Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below and leave a comment. We love hearing from our readers!
⏩ Stay in touch with us on social media by following us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
📬Get our Recipes delivered to your inbox for FREE!
Keto Cheesecake Recipe
- Springform Pan (22 cm/8.5")
For the Base
For the Base
- Use a large glass mixing bowl and combine the almond flour, the coconut flour, the xanthan gum, baking powder, erythritol and finally the salt. Mix throughly.
- Using the chilled butter, cut it up into small chunks and work it into the dry ingredients. It is important to this quickly! Use a couple of table forks to this or you can combine it all into a food processor and pulse-process it for 30 seconds.
- Line the bottom of a 8.5 inch springform pan with parchment paper a grease the covered bottom and sides of the pan with butter. Then, evenly press the base mixture into the bottom of the pan and half way up the sides.
- Place the prepared pan with base into the refrigerator for 20 minutes or so and preheat your oven to 325° F.
For the Filling
- Use a large mixing bowl and combine all of the filling ingredients except for the eggs.
- Begin to add the eggs, one at a time, as the mixture begins to thicken. Continue to stir and add the eggs.
- Take the base out of the oven and use a fork to poke wholes all ovewr the bottom of it. Place in oven for 15 minutes or until golden-brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Next, line the bottom of the pan with aluminum foil, ensuring to go half-way up the sides as well.
- Use a sieve as shown above, to strain the filling into the base. Make a waterbath to bake the cheesecake in by using a large (high-lipped) baking sheet filled with hot water. Allow the cheesecake to bake for 50 minutes.
- Use the clean toothpick test to ensure the cheese cake is finished baking. Insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean you're good to go.
- Turn the oven off and allow the cheesecake to sit in the oven for 30 minutes, with the door open. Remove from oven and bring to room temperature. Thenk, place in the refrigerator an allow it to set for four hours. Once completely cool, garnish with your favorite keto toppings.